Join us and help in building a new premium multiplayer title utilizing the Unreal Engine at Amazon Game Studios! Create gameplay systems for content creators and fun for our players!
Our mission is to be the most customer-obsessed company in the games industry. At Amazon Game Studios, we’re creating games like the open world MMO New World as well as unannounced titles for PC, console and mobile platforms. Amazon Games delivers great game benefits to Prime members each month via Prime Gaming, and provides game developers of all sizes with the tools they need to succeed with Amazon Game Tech.
Our product is an unannounced game on the Unreal Engine built by a team with veterans from many popular titles like EverQuest, PlanetSide, H1Z1, and Free Realms.
Come join our passionate team in San Diego or in one of our AGS hubs in Seattle, Montreal, Irvine and Austin to help make the next game everyone will be downloading to their PCs, phones, tablets and consoles!
Remote workers will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Key job responsibilities
Who you are:
- We’re looking for a candidate that enjoys playing games and breaking down how they work!
- You thrive in a collaborative environment where you have influence over technology direction.
- Quality and the customer experience are what drives you to help build the systems and gameplay at the heart of the next blockbuster game.
- You want to be part of something exciting and unique in the gaming ecosystem.
- You work effectively on shared projects with designers, artists, testers, and other developers.
What you'll do:
- Design, develop, and support gameplay systems in Unreal Engine using C++.
- Work with content creators to unlock their potential with workflows that ensure gameplay authoring is smooth and easy to extend and maintain.
- Monitor, measure, and improve performance, stability and developer iteration time.
- Proactively identify and solve problems that affect the quality of life for players, localization teams and other developers.
- Be an advocate for players and developers: Insist on the highest standards, drive to operational excellence, help create functional and engaging customer-centric features.
About the team
Amazon Games applies the principles of Amazonian culture to the world of game design. We have a diverse team of talented, creative people pairing their love of making games with the unique strengths that come with being part of Amazon. Across all of our teams and locations, we are united by a common purpose: to share great gaming experiences with customers around the world. We believe in a future where everyone is a gamer and everyone can create, compete, collaborate and connect through games, and we are looking for the right people to help us build that future. With the power of Twitch and AWS at your fingertips, you will have the chance to innovate in gameplay, creativity, marketing, and technology, while working alongside some of the smartest and most creative minds in the industry.
Inclusive Culture, Work/Life Balance, & Career Growth
Here at Amazon, we embrace our differences and are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We offer ten employee-led affinity groups with 190 global chapters, innovative benefits, and annual and ongoing learning experiences (including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences). Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance and offers flexible working hours. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. Additionally, our team is dedicated to supporting you with mentorship and pathways for ongoing development. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and are building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and promotes career choice.
- 3+ years of professional software engineering experience, working on multi-discipline teams.
- At least one shipped title on which you were a primary contributor to core gameplay systems
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, algorithms, and data structures.
- Experience using Unreal Engine 4+
- Experience working on multi-discipline teams
- Working knowledge of 2D/3D math and problem solving.
- Experience with combat, physics, animation, and other gameplay systems.
- 4+ years of game development experience with multiple shipped titles.
- Skills developing efficient tools to support game systems.
- Experience working on large scale, commercial online game services.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.