EF International Language Campuses in San Diego is seeking enthusiastic and qualified teachers of English as a Second Language (ESL) to start January 2020.
Duties and responsibilities: Your responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Teach scheduled contact hours as requested by the academic office
- Provide high quality classes using our Efekta blended learning program
- Complete the necessary administrative work required for classes in a timely manner
- Prepare materials and resources relevant to your classes, including a comprehensive syllabus for special interest classes, handouts, quizzes, tests and assignments as needed for each course
- Assist in the mentoring of new teachers including sharing resources and best practice idea sharing
- Help students with queries they may have and communicate this with the appropriate department
- Actively participate in teacher meetings and all staff development activities
- Be involved in the development and running of extracurricular activities and school activities, as requested by the academic office or the School Director – this may include students and faculty orientations, testing (proctoring, (oral) testing, correcting), Academic Year graduation ceremonies
- University degree or equivalent
- TEFL certificate (Cert.TESOL/CELTA or equivalent) OR 3 months teaching experience
- Native or proficient level English
- Highly motivated, proactive and positive
- Organized and thorough and able to work well under pressure and within strict time constraints
- Excellent planning and organization skills, with good attention to detail
- The ability to provide exceptional customer service to large volumes of students on a daily basis
At EF Education First, we are travelers, innovators, thinkers and doers. We readily promote an open and collaborative workspace. Our people are our biggest asset, and together we have created a culture of cooperation, project ownership, and impact. As the world leader in international education, with more than 52,000 staff and teachers working in 52 countries around the globe, our mission is simple: Opening the world through education. Since 1965, EF has helped more than 15 million people see the world, learn a language, or earn an academic degree. Don't miss the unique opportunity to join our one-of-a-kind team!
EF is committed to promoting the welfare of children and adults. Employment will be contingent on a successful background check.