Tracing our earliest roots to 1866, VTG has built a 150-year legacy of combining innovative technologies, deep domain knowledge, and advanced engineering and technical expertise with the agility needed to meet our Defense and National Security customers' most challenging and dynamic mission requirements. VTG delivers force modernization and digital transformation solutions that expand America's competitive advantage in the modern battlespace. Whether at sea, in the air, on land, or in cyberspace, our agile solutions ensure our Defense and National Security customers meet their most challenging and dynamic mission requirements. VTG delivers Tomorrow's Transformation Today.
VTG is seeking an Electronic Technician 1-3 located in San Diego, CA .
General technical knowledge to build, test, troubleshoot, repair and modify developmental and electrical or electronic components, parts, equipment, and systems by performing the following duties:
- Discusses standard layout and assembly procedures and problems with senior level technicians. May draw sketches to clarify design details and functional criteria of electronic units.
- Assembles routine circuitry (breadboard) or complete prototype model.
- Recommends changes in circuitry or installation specifications to simplify assembly and maintenance to supervisor.
- Sets up standard test apparatus and circuitry to conduct functional, operational, environmental, and life tests to evaluate performance and reliability of prototype or production model.
- Analyzes and interprets test data.
- Adjusts, calibrates, aligns, and modifies circuitry and components and records effects on unit performance.
- Utilizes technical reports and charts, graphs, and schematics for system's operating characteristics, malfunctions, deviations from design specifications, and functional limitations.
- Checks functioning of newly installed equipment to evaluate system performance under actual operating conditions with supervisor.
- Formal electronics training from Technical School, or Class A or B military school in electronics or communications,
- Two (2) year contractor apprenticeship that included at least six months of formal classroom training that addressed Installation Tasks, Soldering, Cable Dressing, Cable Tray, Conduit, and Making/Repairing Connectors
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts and to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Working knowledge of MS Office applications.
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations:
- Should have the following certifications:
- Multi-pin Connector Certificationo Cableway Certificationo Fiber Optic Connector Certificationo Shipyard Competent Person
- Valid driver's license
- Must be able to travel as required
- Must be familiar with shipboard installation practices and NAVSEA Standards
Join VT Group if you want to serve with friendly and caring people who are dedicated to delivering critical services and helping our customers solve difficult problems in often world-changing circumstances.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
VT Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
VT Group is a drug free workplace. All applicants must pass a drug test before beginning work or receiving an offer of employment. Refusal to submit to testing will result in disqualification of further employment consideration.