Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest has been voted one of the best places to work. We are one of the largest providers of reproductive healthcare in Southern California, operating 18 health centers throughout our three county region. Check out our new video, “We are Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest” for more information about our organization: https://youtu.be/2ATarFSN3TQ.
Care. No Matter What.
We are seeking a Community Advocate to work with our Community and Government Relations team in San Diego, CA.
-Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
-Associates degree or equivalent experience.
-Two years of experience in community organizing, legislative, public affairs, sociology, advocacy, community outreach, civic engagement, or education fields, or related experience.
-Demonstrated experience in community organizing and legislative/political/electoral work.
-Excellent relationship building skills and strong knowledge of the region.
-Experience working and effectively developing leadership within underserved communities and communities of color in the field of reproductive justice preferred.
-Ability to communicate with internal and external stakeholders of diverse backgrounds and socio-economic levels.
· Ability to work with sensitive topics including comprehensive sexuality education, STIs and all FDA approved birth control methods.
· Strong analytical and communication skills.
· Ability to engage, motivate and mobilize supporters to take action.
· Ability to outreach and network effectively within communities.
· Demonstrated ability to work with volunteers.
· Highly proactive and self-motivated. Must take ownership of projects and be able to work with minimal direct supervision.
· Ability to prioritize effectively.
· Must be willing to travel and work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends.
- Must have excellent customer service skills and be committed to providing the highest level of customer satisfaction.
We are the power of Planned Parenthood.
We are Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest, one of the largest and most prominent affiliates of the most iconic health care organization in the world. We are recognized for the wide array of services we provide and the outstanding education we deliver.
We are a prominent and powerful team of health experts who work relentlessly to help our communities sustain their health and well-being. We adhere to the highest standards and protocols as we collaborate and care for people, without judgment.
100 years of advocating for our mission has secured our advancement, our future and our passion for practicing health care.
We are a team you can have fun with and a powerful movement you can be part of. Together we’ll take pride in shaping the future of sexual health and reproductive rights.
For those who feel that purpose is critical to their work, this is a gift.
In This Together.
Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please visit our careers page for more information: www.pppswcareers.org