Scripps Health, you will experience the pride, support and respect of an
organization that has been repeatedly recognized as one of the nation’s Top 100
Places to Work.
be surrounded by people committed to making a difference in the lives of their
patients and their teammates. So if you’re open to change, go ahead and unlock
We are seeking a
compassionate, motivated Clinical Social
Worker to join our team at Scripps Mercy Hospital San Diego. The
Mercy team is unique as our department works collaboratively with the RN Case
Management team to provide the best patient care and timely discharge. Our energetic team works creatively in
finding solutions in serving the community with the highest quality of care.
a Clinical Social Worker on the Mercy San Diego team, you will provide an
important role within the hospital by assisting patient and families with personal
and environmental problems which predispose illness or which interfere with
their obtaining maximum benefits from medical care. Candidate must demonstrate
the ability to perform competencies as outlined in unit specific competency assessment
tools as well as demonstrate age specific care as established for a Clinical
Social Worker in an adult acute care setting.
This is a Full
Time, 8 hour Day shift position, with candidate needing to be open to working
two weekend shifts per pay period. Case load will cover the medical inpatient
floors at Scripps Mercy Hospital San Diego.
- Masters degree in Social Work (MSW) ORMarriage and Family Therapist (MFT) from an accredited University/College.
- Prior hospital experience if MFTapplicant
- BLSfor Healthcare Provider American Heart Association
- Workingknowledge of the laws, regulations, policies and appeal procedures asrelative to the Federal, State and other reimbursement programs
- Mustbe able to display good working relationships with patients, families,medical and nursing personnel, and all others employed at thehospital
- Recent Acute Care Hospitalexperience and or Discharge planning experience
- LCSWor LMFT (Licensed by the State of CA Behavioral Science Examiners Board)
- Proficiencyin Microsoft Office including but not limited to Outlook, Excel Epic, ECIN.
- An ability to speak anotherlanguage is desirable.