The BDC Supervisor is responsible for supervising the work of the BDC Representatives who perform a wide range of inbound and outbound telephone and digital media activities.
- Directs and schedules the work of the BDC Representatives
- Monitors daily productivity reports and corresponding payroll record
- Coordinates with all areas of dealership to support marketing and customer service programs
- Acts as a player/coach, required to perform the duties of the BDC Representatives as required to ensure departmental goals are met
- Completes outbound calls based with a focus on lead generation activities for new car, used car and service drive marketing programs
- Other assignments for outbound call include but are not limited to safety recalls, recommended services, special order parts, declined service, pre-paid maintenance, state inspections
- Ensures that each BDC Representative makes a minimum number of calls per day
- Provides training to BDC Representatives on varies inbound and outbound programs
- Respond to inbound internet leads by phone, text message, and email
- Schedules sales appointments
- Confirms all sales appointments
- Reschedules missed sales appointments
- Books appointments based on maintenance schedule per brand and in accordance with company policies and manufacturers specifications
- Assists with answering customer inquiries and problems by routing customer to the contact and or department
- Conducts telephone and in-person transactions courteously and promptly
- Understands the terminology of the automobile business and keep abreast of technology changes
- Understands the manufactures requirements and policies for assigned brands
- Facilitates and/or conducts training on proper techniques, policies, regulations, and best practices and recommends employees to appropriate training as needed.
- Understands and follows work rules and procedures
- Follows all attendance and punctuality standards with adherences to timekeeping standards including recording time of arrival, departure and all breaks for self and subordinates
- Follows lawful directions from supervisors
- Upholds the company's non-disclosure and confidentiality policies and agreements
- Attends company meetings as required
- Works evenings, weekends and holidays as required
- Maintains a professional appearance and a neat work area for self and subordinates in accordance with company policy
- Other duties as assigned.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The Company is committed to hiring a diverse and qualified workforce. We will not consider any characteristic or category protected by state or federal law in hiring or employment decisions, including but not limited to race, national origin, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, age, status as a parent, or genetic information.
- Ability to assist in effectively hire personnel required to meet departmental and organizational goals
- Ability to manage, including recommendations on disciplining and terminating personnel as required to meet departmental and organizational goals
- Ability to effectively lead a team to achieve departmental and organizational goals
- Strong organization skills and ability to multi-task
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written with the ability to effectively communicate with customers via face-to-face, phone, or by other means of communication.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to process data and organize it for management analysis.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions and percentages
- Ability to understand and follow work rules and procedures
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions
- Ability to interact well with others and be a positive influence on employee morale throughout the organization
Work Environment/Physical Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Light Work- lifting no more than 20 pounds at a time and/or frequent lifting or carrying of objects weighing up to 10 pounds.
This position requires a good deal of walking or standing 50 percent of the time or greater will stand and move throughout the dealership facility (lot, showroom, service department, offices) for most of the shift
This position may involve long periods of sitting with some pushing and pulling of arm or leg controls
This position requires the ability to climb stairs and may be required to stoop, and kneel infrequently
This position requires the ability to hear and talk
This position is primarily located in an office environment, with heating and air conditioning but the position requires the ability to meet with customers outside and may be subject to extreme cold or heat for short periods of time
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
Work evening, weekend and holiday work hours as required.
Required Education and Experience
High school diploma or the equivalent and two years related experience; equivalent combination of education and experience. Prior supervisory experience is required.
Preferred Education and Experience
Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent; or two to three year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Prior supervisory experience in a high volume call center or BDC is preferred.