The BDC Representative is responsible for making inbound and outbound calls and communicating with prospects and customers via text, email or social media as assigned.
- Completes outbound calls based with a focus on lead generation activities for new car, used car and service drive marketing programs
- Other assignments for outbound call include but are not limited to safety recalls, recommended services, special order parts, declined service, pre-paid maintenance, state inspections
- Makes daily call quota
- Respond to inbound internet leads by phone, text message, and email
- Schedules sales appointments
- Confirms all sales appointments
- Reschedules missed sales appointments
- Books appointments based on maintenance schedule per brand and in accordance with company policies and manufacturers specifications
- Assists with answering customer inquiries and problems by routing customer to the contact and or department
- Conducts telephone and in-person transactions courteously and promptly
- Understands the terminology of the automobile business and keep abreast of technology changes
- Understands the manufactures requirements and policies for assigned brands
- Follows all attendance and punctuality standards and adheres to timekeeping standards; Employees are required to record the beginning and end times of any shift, break or departure from work for personal reasons
- Follows the Company Code of Business Ethics and Conduct
- Understands and follow all work rules and procedures and follows lawful directions from Supervisors
- Upholds the company's non-disclosure and confidentiality policies and agreements
- Maintains a professional appearance in accordance with company policy
- Attends pertinent training and stay current with the sales department concerns and sales techniques
- Attends company meetings as required
- Other duties as assigned
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The Company is committed to hiring a diverse and qualified workforce. We will not consider any characteristic or category protected by state or federal law in hiring or employment decisions, including but not limited to race, national origin, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, age, status as a parent, or genetic information.
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written with the ability to effectively communicate with customers via face-to-face, phone, or by other means of communication.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to process data and organize it for management analysis.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions and percentages
- Ability to understand and follow work rules and procedures
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions
- Ability to interact well with others and be a positive influence on employee morale throughout the organization
Work Environment/Physical Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Light Work- lifting no more than 20 pounds at a time and/or frequent lifting or carrying of objects weighing up to 10 pounds.
This position may involve long periods of sitting
This position involves repetitive motion.
This position requires the ability to climb stairs and may be required to stoop, and kneel infrequently
This position requires the ability to hear and talk
This position is primarily located in an office environment, with heating and air conditioning but the position requires the ability to meet with customers outside and may be subject to extreme cold or heat for short periods of time
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
Work evening, weekend and holiday work hours as required.
Required Education and Experience
High school diploma or the equivalent and one year related experience; equivalent combination of education and experience.
Preferred Education and Experience
Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent; or one to two year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.