Amazon.com’s Buyer Risk Prevention (BRP) mission is to make Amazon the safest and most trusted place worldwide to transact online. Amazon runs one of the most dynamic e-commerce marketplaces in the world, with nearly 2 million sellers worldwide selling hundreds of millions of items in ten countries. BRP safeguards every financial transaction across all Amazon sites. As such, BRP designs and builds the software systems, risk models and operational processes that minimize risk and maximize trust in Amazon.com.
BRP organization is looking for a Business Analyst for its Data Science team. The team is being grown to provide insights about how to prevent abuse against Amazon's policies and provide analytical solutions to help drive operational efficiencies, uncover the hidden risks and trends, reduce investigation errors and bad debt, improve customer experience and predict & recommend the optimizations for future state of Buyer Abuse Prevention.
As a Business Analyst, you will be responsible for modeling complex problems, discovering insights and identifying opportunities through the use of business intelligence, data mining and visualization techniques. You will need to collaborate effectively with internal stakeholders and cross-functional teams to solve problems, create operational efficiencies, and deliver successfully against high organizational standards. The candidate should be able to apply a breadth of tools, data sources and analytical techniques to answer a wide range of high-impact business questions and present the insights in concise and effective manner. Additionally, the candidate should be an effective communicator capable of independently driving issues to resolution and communicating insights to non-technical audiences. This is a high impact role with goals that directly impacts the bottom line of the business.
· Use analytics and data mining techniques to solve complex problems and drive business decisions.
· Employ the appropriate tools, methodologies to discover patterns of risks, abuse and help reduce bad debt
· Design experiments, test hypotheses, and build actionable models to optimize Buyer Abuse Prevention
· Solve analytical problems, and effectively communicate methodologies and results
· Build analyses for product launches and operations and help predict workflow and capacity requirements for BRP operations
· Draw inferences and conclusions, and create dashboards and visualizations of processed data, identify trends, anomalies
· Work closely with internal stakeholders such as business teams, engineering teams, and partner teams and align them with respect to your focus area
· Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Marketing, Statistics, or Business;
· +4 years of proven experience in data analysis, report building, or similar work;
· Experience with complex problem solving and analysis using statistical methods, and financial modeling;
· Strong experience with SQL;
· History of teamwork and willingness to roll up one's sleeves to get the job done;
· Strong attention to detail including precise and effective customer communications and proven ability to manage multiple and competing priorities simultaneously;
· Experience mentoring other Business Analysts to deliver results, push the highest standards or best practices, and simplify solutions;
· Analytical and quantitative skills;
· Ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions;
· Experience working cross-functionally;
· Presentation and written communication skills are essential: clear, organized, concise with an ability to adapt to appropriate audience;
· Skills on scripting (bash, perl or python) are nice to have, but not mandatory;
· Foundational knolwedge on Machine Learning approaches are also nice to have, but not mandatory.
· Experience in e-commerce / on-line companies in fraud / risk control functions;
· Experience with visualization technologies, such as Tableau or Amazon QuickSight;
· Compelling communication and influencing skills and participation in winning the support of management and influence the course of major strategic decisions;
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role;
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.