ASIC Design Verification Engineer
Project Kuiper is an initiative to launch a constellation of Low Earth Orbit satellites that will provide low-latency, high-speed broadband connectivity to unserved and underserved communities around the world.
Be part of Project Kuiper’s sub-team responsible for defining and implementing the digital chip SOCs for communications via Low Earth Orbit satellites and Amazon gateways. This is a unique opportunity to define a groundbreaking wireless solution with few legacy constraints. The team works with customer requirements and wireless system teams to define modems, high-speed interfaces, embedded processors, and DSP solutions in latest CMOS generation technologies.
In this role you will:
· Implement a state of the art verification environment to facilitate testing of the RTL against reference Matlab/C models
· Develop detailed test plans and write tests, run regressions, collect coverage matrices and report progress to the program
· Participate in the validation of FPGAs using test benches, which can be reused for the ASIC implementation
· Run formal verification of complex blocks to ensure functional correctness
· Work with the design and communication systems team and participate in system level verification using test benches constructed using UVM, System C and DPI-C
· Develop a highly automated environment to run regressions that can be used to make builds and maintain organization of the database
Export Control Requirement:
Due to applicable export control laws and regulations, candidates must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (i.e., current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical / Communications Engineering or Computer Science, or related field, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience in verification preferably in communication systems
- 3+ years of experience in UVM, C, System C, and scripting
- Master's or Ph.D degree in Electrical / Communications Engineering
- 7+ years of experience in digital verification, preferably in communication systems
- Familiarity with Matlab
- Familiarity with formal verification techniques
- Strong written and verbal skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $115,400/year in our lowest geographic market up to $212,800/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.