Job ID#: 26467BR
Company: General Atomics Aeronautical Systems
Job Title: Contract Administrator
Job Category: Contracts/Sub Contracts/Purchasing
City: San Diego
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Salary
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems. We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Contract Administrator to work within our Contracts team, located in Poway, CA.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for supporting one or more business units in the management of contracts.
- Proposal review, contract preparation, negotiation and administration, verifying export classification and foreign restrictions, and customer interface to provide for contract award and fulfillment in accordance with company policy.
- Reviews, interprets, recommends, and negotiates contractual terms and conditions and interprets established policies, procedures, and standard practices to develop proactive plans to ensure contact activities achieve desired objectives and timetables.
- Represents the organization as the primary administrative contact on assigned contracts.
- Assists in reviewing bids and proposals to ensure they meet company policy and customer solicitation requirements.
- Assists in identifying contract issues and developing solutions.
- Participates in negotiating and modifying standard contracts and assists in negotiating and modifying non-standard contracts/subcontracts.
- Reviews, drafts as necessary, and negotiates terms and conditions of non-disclosure, teaming, license, and memorandum of understanding agreements.
- Advises management of contractual rights and obligations and provides interpretation of terms and conditions.
- Maintains an awareness of regulatory changes and their impact on contracts/subcontracts, including export considerations.
- Maintains, analyzes, updates, and develops various electronic and hard copy records.
- May be required to make brief internal presentations.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company.
- Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Typically requires a bachelor's degree in business administration or a related discipline. May substitute equivalent experience in lieu of education.
- Must have a basic understanding of acquisition principles, theories and concepts and a general understanding of practices, techniques, and standards. Must be customer focused and possess: (1) the ability to follow policy and procedures as well as detailed instructions; (2) good verbal and written communication skills to accurately document and report findings to a limited audience; (3) good interpersonal skills to effectively interface with all levels of employees; and, (4) good computer skills.
- Working knowledge of SAP desirable.
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment is essential.
- Ability to work extended hours and travel as required.
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
Travel Percentage Required : 0% - 25%
US Citizenship Required? Yes
Clearance Required? No