Engineering Project Coordinator
We are looking for a self-motivated and highly organized project coordinator with a passion for our industry, who thrives in a dynamic, fast paced environment.
The engineering project coordinator fulfills a multi-faceted role in a small product development team and requires a flexible attitude, a versatile skill set, and a tenacious perseverance to get the job done.
This is a role that requires the ability to implement project management disciplines to help us streamline the product development capabilities for our growing business in the home automation industry.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Facilitate communication between engineering, quality, operations, finance, marketing, sales, shipping, IT and external partners and vendors.
- Support the department by scheduling meetings, obtaining quotes, creating of part numbers, revision control, bill of materials, document control etc.
- Assist with the creation and maintenance of project plans:
- Create product development schedules
- Track development progress and communicate status
- Evaluate and track required development resource loading
- Help flag and analyze project risks and develop mitigation strategies
- Help maintain department budgets
- Report and escalate critical issues to engineering management
- Create written communication on technical and business aspects of our development efforts.
Required Experience & Education:
- 5 years of experience in a technical development environment
- 5 years of project management experience on a product development team
- Experience working with engineering teams; listening, troubleshooting & problem solving
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree
- Degree in a technical discipline is a plus
- Excellent organizational skills
- Very flexible, cooperative, “can do” attitude
- Independent and self-motivated work attitude
- Great people skills and capability to effectively interact with a diverse team of people
- Demonstrated level of general technical/engineering aptitude
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proficiency Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Project.
- Ability and willingness to jump in to help others in various product development areas.