Requisition Number: 1915I01389
SUMMARY: Under the direction of the Program Manager, Medicaid Waiver, perform a wide variety of activities designed to support Consumer Services Coordinators and to ensure substantial compliance with the Federal requirements for the 1915(i) State Plan Amendment (SPA) to the Home and Community Based Services Waiver [HCBS] program) including relevant mandates and agency policies and procedures. The 1915(i) SPA expands access to HCBS for individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities who have a need for services but whose needs are not severe enough to qualify them for institutional care or waiver services. The 1915(i) SPA HCBS is central on “needs-based eligibility criteria”. The 1915(i) SPA is a significant benefit for eligible consumers of regional center services and allowing the state of California to receive additional federal funding for services and supports for the elderly and individuals with disabilities in California.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Apply basic knowledge of best practices in case management and the Individual Program Plan (IPP) documentation.
- Daily certify/recertify eligibility of consumers for the 1915(i) to the Medicaid Waiver Program and coordinate relevant activities to ensure federal compliance.
- Provide professional, respectful written and verbal expression in completing file addition and re-certifications of 1915i Waiver.
- Provide consultation with case management staff regarding findings of case records and may make referrals regarding needs of consumers, staff straining, and quality assessment of Medicaid Waiver standards.
- Coordinate with case management programs as applicable to provide updates on the 1915(i) SPA to the HCBS Waiver program.
- Provide staff development and training sessions on practices and principles of the 1915(i) SPA to the HCBS Waiver Program.
- Communicate with the Program Manager of Medicaid Waiver regarding 1915(i) SPA case file related-issues.
- Problem-solve and troubleshoot case issues to ensure federal compliance. Escalate case issues to the Program Manager as needed.
- Participate in at least one Quality Assurance evaluation/audit of a community care facility, a health care facility, or a day program annually, or complete a swap at any of the IRC programs.
- Maintain current and relevant knowledge base. Attend training sessions as required.
- Establish and maintain effective interpersonal and community relationships.
- Daily, comply with the administrative requirements of the agency not limited to completing necessary paperwork, reports, etc. on a timely basis.
- Maintain a safe driving record.
- Perform different or additional work as assigned by the Program Manager, Medicaid Waiver.
MINIMUM POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor Degree in human services, social services, or health related field from an accredited school.
- Five years’ experience as a regional center employee or related case management experience, with demonstrated ability in increasingly responsible duties.
- Must have good communication, interpersonal, reading, writing, and organizational skills.
- Full use of an automobile, possession of a valid driver's license and automobile liability insurance in the minimum amount prescribed by law, or ability to provide for independent transportation.
- Ability to follow oral and written directions.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
The health and well-being of our employees is of utmost importance to Inland Regional Center. In addition to following CDC guidelines, our agency also takes other safety measures to help protect our employees against COVID-19 such as:
- Remote interview process
- Temporary hybrid remote and in-office work with staggered in-office work schedules
- Office equipment for temporary remote work use at home
- Virtual Meetings through Teams App
- Requiring employees to wear personal protective equipment in the workplace and practicing social distancing
- Completing a check-in questionnaire before entering the office
- Providing onsite COVID-19 testing twice a month
- Mandatory COVID-19 vaccination subject to disability/medical condition/religious belief exemptions/reasonable accommodations
We are proud to be an EEO employer. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.