Named “The Fastest Growing Retailer in the US“, Dolls Kill is a fashion brand that boldly empowers young people to celebrate their individuality. With over two million followers on Instagram, we've become a cult favorite among DJs, celebrities and artists around the world.
Based in San Francisco, we have an amazing team of retail leaders, scrappy hackers, creative marketers and fashion trendsetters who are fun to work with and serious about what they do. We're also backed strong consumer-focused investors who share in our vision of building one of the world's next great consumer brands. Look for our latest press mentions in Business Insider, Racked, TeenVogue, PopSugar, Elle, and more.
About the Role
Area managers own the success of warehouse team members. Effective managers lead by motivating their team to perform their best day in and day out, finding and removing barriers to success and investing in individual team members professional and technical goals. Area managers must thrive on 2) coaching and inspiring others, 2) becoming an expert in systems and processes, and 3) achieving aggressive goals. We expect managers to work daily with their teams in groups and one on one to ensure every team member receives the training, feedback and help required to excel. Managers will work with and master the tools, process and operations in a specific warehouse function (outbound, inbound, inventory control or etc). Our leaders see no limits, have no excuses and never give up.
- Train, develop and mentor 10 to 30 team members for performance and career progression. Actively engage with and manage your team, know everyone by name, know something about them, have your finger on the pulse of what's happening across the team, give direct performance feedback in real time, de-escalate conflicts effectively, make personnel decisions quickly and decisively
- Become a warehouse management system and process expert. Dive in and regularly work within the process/ system to understand it, become an expert to gain credibility with and be able to coach/ train the team, follow existing processes but also make recommendations for improving them when you see opportunities to do that
- Be results driven/ have a high personal bar for results. Know the specific goals for your department and lead/ manage your team to hit them, don't settle for “well at least we got close“
- Seek out and analyze data to improve the performance of your team. Learn and use the data that's available to you, ask for additional data/ make suggestions for new reports where you see gaps or potential value, use data to determine what areas/ people need your focus to improve and solve problems
- Ensure each team member adheres to the code of conduct, follows standard operating procedures and meets daily productivity and accuracy goals
- Enforce code of conduct, attendance and performance policy
- Maintain safety programs and enforce OSHA compliance to guarantee a safe workspace
- Ensure area of work is organized, clean and stocked with all materials necessary for efficient performance
- Interview and hire new team members.
- Administer employee time and PTO requests
- Unfailingly optimistic and able to convey up beat point of view to all team members.
- Thrives on providing motivation and frequent feedback to team members.
- Dedication to team and obsession with customer experience. Availability to work overtime during peak seasons and other times during the year as needed. Able to work any shift (nights, weekends and etc.)
- Desire to work in constantly changing and frequently ambiguous environment.
- Thrives on juggling conflicting priorities
- Proficient at Excel
- Lift and move material up to 49 pounds each.
- Bend and lift at waist and above head.
- Walk or stand for 10-12 hours a day.
- Safely ascend and descend ladder.
Nice to Have Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree
- Direct experience in at least one area (receiving, returns, fulfillment, inventory control) in an ecommerce fulfillment facility