Named “The Fastest Growing Retailer in the US“, Dolls Kill is a fashion brand that boldly empowers young women to celebrate their individuality. With over two million followers on Instagram, we've become a cult favorite among DJs, celebrities and artists around the world.
Based in San Francisco, we have an amazing team of retail leaders, scrappy hackers, creative marketers and fashion trendsetters who are fun to work with and serious about what they do. We're also backed strong consumer-focused investors who share in our vision of building one of the world's next great consumer brands. Look for our latest press mentions in Business Insider, Racked, TeenVogue, PopSugar, Elle, and more.
About the Role
As a GM, you'll be one of the most important leaders in the company; responsible for the team, culture, and performance of the entire fulfillment center. You'll own the day-to-day operational details behind safety, operational processes, warehouse management systems, material handling, human resources, recruiting, and labor planning and management and be accountable for hitting output goals. You'll also drive strategic planning and execution to improve process, infrastructure, technical systems, and warehouse team culture and professional development over time. In this high impact, high visibility roll you'll work directly with top management to set performance and profitability goals and align resources to execute against your strategic roadmap. This is a LEADERSHIP role and most importantly, you'll have the opportunity/ responsibility for establishing a leadership culture that values delivering results, constant improvement, and fosters satisfaction and career progression for hundreds of warehouse team members and operations managers/area managers/process assistants.
- Build a team people want to be part of; create a culture where achieving results/ exceeding goals; continually improving on behalf of customers; rewarding/ providing advancement opportunities to top performers happens at every level
- Actively manage your team; know everyone by name, know something about them, have your finger on the pulse of what's happening across the team, give direct feedback, deescalate conflicts effectively, make personnel decisions quickly and decisively
- Deliver against/ beat fulfillment goals; recruit, lead, and manage a team of hundreds of team members and implement systems and processes to hit daily fulfillment goals and measurably improve speed, accuracy, and quality KPIs over time
- Continuously improve; create strategic roadmaps for improving operational processes, systems, and team and culture within the building. Work with executive management to align resources to execute those improvements
- Be a systems and process expert; dive in and regularly work within the process/ system to understand it, become an expert to gain credibility with and be able to coach/ train the team, follow existing processes but also make recommendations for improving them
- Develop recruiting and staffing plans based on volume and productivity forecasts. Create an interview and hiring process that consistently yields high quality associates. Solicit, review, select, and manage temp agencies.
- Use forecasts to ensure proper monthly and day to day staffing to meet the volume needs of all departments while adhering to budgeted labor costs.
- Ensure leaders/ team members are trained; set up to meet accuracy, productivity, volume and service level targets; and onboarded successfully into the culture you've created and the role they're assigned to. Create consistent, scalable training programs.
- Audit all payroll and staffing agencies bills and ensure proper payment according to contract terms. Review, correct, and challenge discrepancies. Maintain accurate daily payroll hours.
- Maintain a safe physical space and operational processes according to OSHA standards. Create a team member code of conduct that makes expectations and standards clear to every team member.
- Create and utilize metrics, dashboards and tools to support warehouse operations and administration in meeting and exceeding productivity, accuracy and service level goals.
- Oversee design and procurement for all material handling and packaging. Ensure processes are in place to stay in stock on critical fulfillment supplies.
- Serve as subject matter expert for warehouse management system. Partner with product and development team to design and implement new warehouse management tools to improve productivity and accuracy.
- Enact and maintain processes to monitor and maintain inventory accuracy.
- Monitor all alarm and surveillance camera activity.
- Strong leader of people; track record of creating cohesive, productive work cultures, leading large teams (100+), organizing/ directing resources to achieve ambitious goals on complex projects.
- Agile; proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment that requires quick thinking/ decision making and effective multitasking. Unfailingly optimistic and able to convey up beat point of view to all team members.
- Deep experience with direct to consumer fulfillment; complete knowledge and understanding of direct to consumer supply chain processes, WMS and transportation systems, industry KPIs.
- History of improving on the current state; experience successfully developing and implementing major operational processes from beginning to end including design, procurement and setup of material handling.
- Excellent decision maker; ability to break down complex problems into manageable pieces, use data (including understanding its limitations) to inform actions/ make decisions, clearly communicate tradeoffs between possible solutions.
- Driven by accomplishments and obsessed with customer experience; long list of examples of achieving aggressive goals despite obstacles/ challenges along the way. Strong sense of urgency and ability to meet deadlines.
- Dedicated to your team; availability to work overtime during peak seasons and other times during the year as needed.
- Capable of executing at all levels; comfortable shifting gears quickly between big picture strategy and the details of execution.
- Systems expert; deep understanding of WMS systems, successful examples of selecting or improving supply chain software.
Nice to Have Requirements
- Comfortable working with P&Ls including budgeting, forecasting, and expense management.
- Experience working with product managers to define requirements for warehouse management tools.
- Advanced Excel and Google Sheet skills such as VLOOKUP and Pivot Tables. Comfortable merging and analyzing information from separate sources.