POSITION: Estimator / Chief Estimator - Glass Industry
LOCATION: Los Angeles, CA or San Bernadino, CA
Company is seeking experienced Sales Estimators to prepare bid proposals for private and public projects.
- The job will require all stages of bidding on projects, including but not limited to: determining Union requirements; determining bid schedules; reviewing job specifications; visiting job sites; attending pre-construction meetings; reviewing contracts; maintaining bid process schedule and communicating bid status; choosing best options for systems/materials; soliciting and reviewing vendor and subcontractor quotes; performing labor reviews; maintaining bid spreadsheet.
- Minimum of 2+ years of glazing industry experience with various sized projects
- High school diploma and some college (certification or Associates degree), in Construction or Architectural Technology coursework
- Knowledge of materials, machines, tools, and equipment used in the industry
- Ability to read blueprints as well as architectural and structural drawings
- Ability to do accurate take-offs; familiarity with on-screen take-offs
- Familiarity with GDS Storefront software
- Working knowledge of Windows Operating System, Microsoft Word, Excel, and Microsoft Project
- Understanding of manufacturers’ installation instructions
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong conflict-resolution skills
- Listening and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- High level of attention to detail and self-motivation
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Competitive salary and benefits commensurate with experience and qualifications.
For immediate consideration, please send us your current resume and project list.