Opportunities with Homecare Dimensions. For more than 20 years, Homecare Dimensions has been bringing compassionate and skilled care into the homes of patients throughout Florida and Texas. Our focus on combining empathy with quality of care enables us to effectively act as a supportive partner to primary care providers. And that makes our organization a perfect fit to Optum and the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses. Career opportunities with Homecare Dimensions provide you with flexibility, autonomy and incredible support. More importantly, you'll discover the tools, resources, training and technology that only a leader like Optum can provide. Want to make a bigger difference? Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Intake Specialist is responsible for verification and authorization of insurance benefits. Serves as the initial client contact to obtain patient demographics, type of referral, and type of insurance and insures information is communicated to pharmacy, clinical team managers, respiratory and home medical equipment.
- Collects and records initial client information to include type of referral, type of insurance, and patient demographics
- Requests the referral source fax orders on all patients. Verifies client benefits
- Notifies pharmacy, nursing, RT, and HME when verification complete
- Coordinates with HME to insure availability of requested supplies or equipment
- Obtains authorization for skilled nursing visits, DME, medications, and shift care If authorization is denied, communicates with clinician to obtain additional information so authorization will be approved
- Notifies nursing, CTM, pharmacy, RT and HME when authorization is approved
- Processes Tl 9's for Medicaid patients by obtaining Tl 9 from physicians, faxing Tl 9 to Medicaid within 72 hours, and tracking Tl 9 to ensure authorization is complete
- If care is not authorized upon initial submission of T19, contacts Medicaid to clarify information necessary for authorization
- Enters information in Brightree and Kinser Systems
- Completes assignment of benefits
- Authorizes all new orders as soon as they are received
- Notifies clinician if initial justification is necessary for reauthorization
- Expresses verbal and written communication in a clear, positive and cooperative manner
Excellent benefits within 30 days including health, dental, vision, annual bonus, annual reviews, paid time off, paid holidays, 401K with match and much more! Opportunities to continue to grow and challenge yourself within the UnitedHealth.
Hours: 9 a.m. - 6 p.m.
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Accredited high school diploma or GED
- 1+ years in an office setting
- 1+ years customer service
- Excellent computer skills including the ability to type a minimum of 25 WPM
- Bilingual (Spanish)
- Medicare local coverage criteria (LCD)
- Highly developed customer service and organizational skills
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 550,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: intake, specialist, San Antonio, Texas, TX