Systems Administrator II
Maintains smooth operation of multi-user computer systems, including coordination with network engineers. Monitors and manages system resources, including CPU usage, disk usage, and response times to maintain operating efficiency. Performs systems security administration functions, including creating user profiles and accounts. Other duties may include setting up administrator accounts, maintaining system documentation, tuning system performance, installing system wide software and allocating mass storage space. Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products. Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
Job Requirements (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
- Experience administering mission systems in a high demand dynamic environment
- Experience implementing and maintaining highly secure systems utilizing the latest technologies and techniques in Cyber Security
- Experience evaluating vendor products.
- Experience working in a team environment utilizing role and rule-based administration practices
- Knowledge of ITIL
- Experience with setting up and configuring systems user accounts with 2-factor authentication and other security implementations
- Experience with monitoring and tuning performance
- Experience with calculating and implementing mass storage allocations
- Experience with a variety of software packages and applications.
- 6-7 years of system administration experience in a DoD classified environment
- DoD 8570 information assurance level II (IAT II) certification
- Active TS SCI security clearance Bachelor of Science 2-4 Years
- Master of Science 0-2 Years or HS 8-10 Years