With general guidance from the Operations Director, the Regional Coordinator will assist in providing onsite coverage to assigned school aged and summer day camp sites, and provide administrative support to the Operations Director. Will adhere to the child care policies and the goals of the YMCA, and directs each site in accordance with the mission statement of the YMCA of San Antonio and the standards of all regulatory agencies.
Our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture. In the Y, we strive to live our cause of strengthening communities with purpose and intentionality every day. We are welcoming: we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing: we support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined: above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.
- Provides coverage as needed to assigned school aged and summer day camp sites. With assist with timekeeping and payroll approval in absence of the Operations or Program Director.
- Ensures that the developed curriculum has been implemented at each site.
- Conducts site audits and on-the-job training to site staff, and assists the Y School Age Program Administrative staff in all training events.
- Ensures administrative and recordkeeping procedures of each site. Assists in auditing staff files and ensuring compliance with licensing requirements.
- Assures the site personnel use appropriate discipline techniques and assists staff in solving any problems.
- Supervises and participates in all regulatory inspections and works in consultation with Y School Age Program Administrative staff to correct any 'non-compliances' to regulatory standards.
- Adheres to the child care policies and the goals of the YMCA, and directs each site in accordance with the mission statement of the YMCA of Greater San Antonio, and the standards of all regulatory agencies.
- Performs all other assigned duties as requested by the Y School Age Program Administrative staff and attends all staff meetings and training sessions.
- Critical Thinking & Decision Making
- Program/Project Management
- A High School Diploma or GED is required. A Bachelors Degree in Early Childhood Education, CDA, Behavioral Science, or related field is preferred.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- A minimum of 2 years experience working in a licensed childcare facility is required.
- Employee will need to qualify as a licensed director under TDFPS standards .
- Ability to plan, organize and implement age-appropriate/developmentally appropriate
- Previous experience with diverse populations. Ability to develop positive, authentic relationships
with people from different backgrounds.
- Must be able to establish and maintain harmonious relationships by promoting caring, honesty, respect and responsibility with staff, YMCA members, and program participants.
- Incumbent must be a positive role model to children and display emotional maturity and stability at all times.
- Employee must have working knowledge of a Mac environment, Gmail, and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Certifications required within the first week of hire: Redwoods Bloodborne Pathogens, Defensive Driving, and Hazardous Communications.
- Certifications required within the first 60 days of hire: YMCA approved basic life saving skills such as CPR, First Aid, AED, and Emergency Oxygen. This position must have the ability to respond to safety and emergency situations.
- Within first 120 days of hire, must complete all basic childcare and child abuse prevention training.
- A valid driver's license is required as well as capacity to drive to various locations within the greater San Antonio metropolitan area.
- Work is performed in a fast-paced office, childcare room, and outdoor environments.
- Incumbent must have the ability to communicate with staff, children and parents.
- This position requires high levels of attention and alertness.
- Visual acuity is required for child supervision.
- Repetitive stooping and bending with regular lifting of up to 20 pounds is required. Ability to stand and walk for long periods at a time is required, as well as, the ability to run and be able to participate in sports.
- Must be able to respond to emergency situations.