Under the direction of the Plant Manager, the Production Supervisor will be responsible for multi-shift supervision of lime plant and quarrying operations. This position will interact with plant personnel to achieve the highest levels of safety, production, efficiency, and housekeeping while meeting goals set forth in the business and profit plans.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Job duties include directing an hourly workforce in plant areas including the rotary kilns, maintenance and quarry related duties
- May be required to work a rotating shift schedule and weekend work
- Monitor Plant operations on a daily basis to ensure production and QC standards are maintained. Take corrective action when deficiencies occur.
- Must adhere to all Company policies and practices including ethics, safety, and business confidentiality
- Preferably 2 years supervisory experience in manufacturing, mining, aggregates, lime, or related industry
- Proficient computer skills; JDE experience a plus
- Strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Supervision of the assigned crew which consists of skilled to highly skilled employees.
- Responsible for monthly departmental safety meetings.
- Directs the safety and good housekeeping of his employees.
- Ability to maintain a high level of productivity from employees on his shift.
- Administer when necessary positive and/or progressive disciplinary action.
- Conduct annual reviews with employees, and review and evaluate employee performance and recommend merit increases.
- Develop training programs using both in-house and outside sources.
- Other projects or assignments as directed by manager.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or GED
- Excellent work history - minimum 5 years’ experience in similar work environment
- Must have extensive knowledge of quarry production/operations
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Must be able to exercise independent judgment.
- Willing and able to travel.
- Knowledgeable of MSHA standards and requirements.
- Possess excellent verbal communication skills.
- Working knowledge of appropriate computer applications.
- Ability to work with little or no supervision.
- Must be a team player.
- Lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to climb up to 100’ on ladders and catwalks and perform work
- Ability to work at heights up to 350’ above ground level
- Visual acuity, speech & hearing, hand & eye coordination
- Manual dexterity to operate equipment and use basic hand tools
- Must be able to use jackhammer, shovel, broom and wheel barrow for up to 8 hours per day for various plant cleanup tasks
- Walking, climbing stairs, bending, stooping, crouching, kneeling, pushing, pulling, reaching, twisting, balancing, repetitive motion, driving, and squatting to perform the essential functions of this production labor position
- Must use proper Personal Protective Equipment as required
Works in all weather conditions including heat, cold, ice, rain and in high humidity and is required to work in all plant environments. Incumbent will be exposed to vibrating equipment and mechanical and electrical hazards and heights. May have exposure to dust, cement, clay, gypsum, sand, diesel exhaust, lubricants, solvents, various fuels, etc. (See MSDS’s). Must be able to work in areas where noise levels are up to 90 dbs.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.