The individual in this position will assist in preparing, packaging, delivering, and charging of medications, under the direct supervision of a licensed pharmacist.
Position duties include the following activities:
- Fill and label medications.
- Stock medications into pharmacy inventory.
- Restock automated dispensing cabinets (ADCs).
- Maintain adequate medication stock levels and proper storage of medications.
- Deliver medications to patient care areas.
- Attend to medication requests and phone calls.
- Assist in Pharmacy quality assurance activities.
- Comply with state and federal regulatory requirements, Joint Commission standards and Tenet and hospital policies and procedures.
- Assist pharmacists in performing various duties as assigned.
Required: High School Graduate or equivalent
Preferred: Hospital Experience
Required: Registered Pharmacy Technician license. Pharmacy Technician certification (both based on state requirements)