Compassionate Licensed Chemical Dependency Counselor Needed!
Imagine a place where you can make a difference every day, LOVE WHAT YOU DO, and make a great living doing it. You just found it!!!
If you are ready for a satisfying and rewarding career, join our national team of professionals at MedMark Treatment Centers a division of BayMark Health Services. We are one of the nation's leading addiction treatment services and our growth and expansion has produced a need for additional staff.
Title: Full Time Substance Abuse Counselor
Location: San Antonio, TX - Quincy
Schedule: M-F 5:00am - 1:30pm, rotating Weekends
Dynamic Counselor to provide treatment and casework services to patients as directed by the counseling supervisor. We would like you to provide timely counseling and documentation for patient services based on plan of care and complete referrals and timely documentation for other identified needs, such as psychological, and social needs of patients.
- Prepare and maintain accurate and timely patient files.
- Coordinate care of assigned patients and present patient status and concerns with treatment team accordingly.
- Conducts comprehensive patient assessments and the development and implementation of patient treatment plans according to State OTP regulations.
- Minimum age requirement of 18.
- Must be Licensed as either a LCDC-I or LCDC
- Required/Maintained state registration or in training standing.
- Have experience working with opiate addicted population.
- Exhibits excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Skilled in conducting assessments, utilization of ASI criteria for appropriate patient placement, treatment plan development and implementation, service coordination, and crisis intervention.
- Excellent documentation and computer skills required.
- Knowledge of local community drug trends, the effects on the body and cognitive functioning of drugs of abuse, signs and symptoms of narcotic overdose, psychosocial implications of addictive disease, the process of addiction and treatment, social service, economic, legal, and medical systems, HIV transmission-health, behavioral, and emotional implications of addiction.
- Ability to work effectively within medical hierarchy, assist in complex problem solving with clients, and work autonomously.
- Exhibits good time management skills.
- Ability to work with a diverse population and exhibit excellent customer service skills.
- Self-directed with ability to work with little supervision.
What to expect from us:
MedMark a progressive substance abuse treatment organization is committed to the highest quality of patient care in a comfortable outpatient clinic setting. Our ultimate goal is to address the physical, emotional, and mental aspects of opioid use disorder to help each of our patients achieve long-term recovery and an improved quality of life.
MedMark is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and to compliance with all Federal, State and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of race, color, age, natural origin, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, genetic disposition, disability or veteran’s status or any other classification protected by State/Federal laws.