Laboratory Technician (Certified)
San Antonio, TX
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Performing qualitative and quantitative testing in a clinical laboratory using various analyzers and/or manual methods on specimen sources such as blood, urine, and other body fluids using established procedures.
- Organizing work by matching computer orders with specimen labeling; sorting specimens; checking labeling; logging specimens. Arranging reports for delivery; keeping work surface clean and orderly in accordance to local protocol.
- Maintaining quality results by running standards and controls, verifying equipment function through routine equipment maintenance and advanced troubleshooting; calibrating equipment utilizing approved testing procedures; monitoring quality control measures and protocols.
- Processing biological fluids (blood, urine, and other body fluids) in accordance with established procedures.
- Performs venipuncture and capillary punctures on patients. Identifies and labels specimens.
- Performs other blood tests as ordered.
- Maintaining positive identification of final reports and specimen from time of receipt until final released report.
- Recognizing and reacting to instrument malfunctions by troubleshooting and resolving minor problems, performing routine and periodic maintenance of all equipment as scheduled, and performing routine Quality Control (QC) to ensure all QC results fall within established control limits, as well as documents all corrective action.
- Entering patient results into the Laboratory Information System and recording new lots of reagents and runs appropriate quality control prior to releasing patient results.
- Inventories and order laboratory supplies. Cleans equipment and work areas. Disposes of contaminated materials according to policy.
- Collects data, prepares reports, answers correspondence, and compiles statistics as directed.
- May require weekend and evening hours.
Minimum Qualification and Experience:
- Requires an education level of at least a high school diploma or GED; Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree is a plus.
- Certification as a Laboratory Technician or equivalent, per state regulations (ISCLT, NCA).
- 1- 3 year experience as a laboratory technician required.
- Must have documentation of training appropriate for the testing performed prior to analysis of any specimens.
- Must possess excellent organizational and interpersonal skills and ability to work without direct supervision.
CITIZENSHIP AND CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be eligible to work in the US.
- Must be able to pass a National Agency Check with Inquiries (NACI).
CICONIX, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We E-Verify all employees.
- Competitive market-based salary, commensurate with experience and education
- Comprehensive benefits available (Medical, Dental, PTO, 401k etc).