Ernst & Young LLP's (EY) US Government and Public Sector (GPS) practice is a well-established, dynamic and diversified business that is experiencing tremendous current and projected growth. We have made a significant investment in building an on-shore Service Delivery Center based in San Antonio, Texas that will enable our ability to expand the scope of services we provide to the public sector. Our US GPS practice combines deep knowledge and understanding of the diverse needs of the Federal and State and Local sectors, leveraging commercial and private sector leading practices and solutions.
We provide services to both the Federal Government, including the US military and civilian agencies, as well as state, local and municipal governments across a range of offerings including data and analytics, technology automation, financial management, risk assurance, auditing and technical business program management and process improvement. This integrated approach facilitates multidimensional support and flexibility to meet our client's ever-changing needs and enables our government sector clients to prepare for the future.
The Service Delivery Center is made up of high-performing, US-based resources who work closely with our experienced professionals to deliver project-based work and managed services to our federal clients. The Service Delivery Center is a core component of the Government & Public Sector practice (GPS). This position assists the Assurance team by completing auditing report and documentation tasks, auditing tasks and support tasks. In this position, Analysts will add to skills related to Assurance and will supervise tasks performed by Associate Analyst I and Associate Analyst IIs (AAs).
Your key responsibilities
- Assist with managing the administration of audit reporting and documentation by compiling data, analyzing results, developing reports, and reviewing results developed by AAs
- Identify potential audit issues or unusual relationships from analysis of financial statements
- Apply accounting and auditing concepts to client situations
- Assist in managing the documentation and execution of specific audit procedures by maintaining document control, compiling data and documentation, and reviewing results developed by AAs
- Identify opportunities to enhance audit techniques
- Supervise the development of audit and accounting client deliverables
- Perform financial and audit data analytics
- Assist in monitoring project scope and schedule and the progress of client engagement deliverables by tracking progress in MS Project, identifying potential risks of missed deliverable deadlines, compiling status reports and developing team status reports
- Assist with monitoring cost management of projects and engagements by tracking expenditures, calculating metrics, compiling data, developing reports, and reviewing results developed by AAs
- Develop and maintain relationships with stakeholders across other EY functional groups
- Meet engagement project expectations defined by project and engagement stakeholders
- Identify, communicate and address project risks, assumptions and constraints
- Collect and document client financial and audit data for weekly, monthly and ad hoc reporting
- Deliver engagement specific tasks as directed
- Review Associate Analyst I and Associate Analyst II work as needed or as directed
To qualify for the role, you must have
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum of 2 years' of experience in Business, Finance, Economics, Accounting or other related field
- United States citizenship; and must be able to obtain and maintain a secret clearance or higher
- Strong communication, facilitation and presentation skills
- Ability to determine if projects are meeting milestone deadlines and budget requirements
- Experience in analyzing and solving problems
- Experience working with accounting, business management and/or technology concepts
- Confidence in working with a nationally distributed team
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint),
- Ability to become proficient with Tableau and Visio
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and follow up on open issues
- Excellent English language skills ' both written and verbal
Ideally you'll also have
CGFM or CDFM certifications are desirable
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, a minimum of three weeks of vacation plus ten observed holidays and three paid personal days, and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark. Apply today.
EY provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.