From strategy to execution, the Government & Public Sector practice of Ernst & Young LLP provides a full range of consulting and audit services to help our Federal, State, Local and Education clients implement new ideas to help achieve their mission outcomes. We deliver real change and measurable results through our diverse, high-performing teams, quality work at the highest professional standards, operational know-how from across our global organization, and creative and bold ideas that drive innovation. We enable our government clients to achieve their mission of protecting the nation and serving the people; increasing public safety; improving healthcare for our military, veterans and citizens; delivering essential public services; and helping those in need. EY is ready to help our government build a better working world.
The Service Delivery Center is made up of high-performing, US-based resources who work closely with our experienced professionals to deliver project-based work and managed services to our federal clients. The Service Delivery Center is a core component of the Government & Public Sector practice (GPS). We are currently looking for qualified professionals interested in helping US federal agencies better manage their programs and projects. If you are looking to make an impact in how our government provides its services, then come join our Business Transformation Team.
Your key responsibilities
As a member of our GPS Team, you’ll work with government clients to support and improve a broad range of operations, including integration, scope, time, cost, quality, human resources, communications, risk, procurement and stakeholder management. You will have the opportunity to apply your knowledge to meaningful and complex projects, while working with multidisciplinary teams and industry leaders. We also will provide access to robust training programs and in-house leadership. Key responsibilities of the position include:
- Participating in and leading a collaborative teamwork environment with dynamic client project engagements
- Working independently and in teams to collect and analyze data to develop innovative recommendations and methodologies for organizational, process and technology improvements
- Consistently delivering quality client services
- Establishing enduring relationships with key stakeholders and client personnel
- Staying abreast of current business and industry trends relevant to our clients’ businesses
- Seeking opportunities to advance business acumen by learning from senior resources
- Communicating the improvements from and helping implement EY US’ portfolio management, business transformation and project management methodologies
- Developing people through effective leadership, coaching and mentoring of all levels of staff
- Supporting people-related initiatives through competency brand building (e.g., recruitment, retention, training, competency development)
To qualify for the role candidates must have:
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with an emphasis in Finance, Accounting, Engineering or a business-related field and at least two years of consulting or relevant industry experience
- At least four years of experience leading teams on engagements required
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a secret clearance or higher security clearance
- Knowledge and experience in the following areas:
- Process improvement
- Stakeholder and customer engagement support
- Performance measurement or performance management
- Performance measures and metrics development
- Demonstrated experience in:
- Proactively identifying team and client needs
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to manage shifting priorities and changing needs of the client
- Ability to mentor and develop staff
- Paying attention to details and a commitment to excellence
- Applying analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience with one or more PM software package, such as Microsoft Project or Oracle Primavera
- Experience with Microsoft SharePoint
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a secret clearance or higher.
Ideally, you’ll also have at least one of the following certifications:
- Certified associate in PM
- Project management professional
- Certified scrum master
- Lean Six Sigma yellow or green belt
What we look for
Top performers have experience supporting client service projects, business devolvement efforts and internal growth initiatives. The candidate should have experience delivering services for project plans on medium to small projects. Experience with federal or state agencies, often gained by working in a Big Four global management consulting firm or a blue-chip company focused on the government and the public sector, is a plus.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, a minimum of three weeks of vacation plus ten observed holidays and three paid personal days, and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark. Apply today.
EY provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.