American Homes 4 Rent
As one of the country's fastest-growing property management companies of single-family rental homes, American Homes 4 Rent has an exhilarating and fluid start-up culture and permanency of a well-founded corporation, rich with diversity. As pioneers in the industry, solidified by our place on Wall Street, American Homes 4 Rent (NYSE: AMH) is currently looking for qualified candidates. With a culture of unprecedented growth, quality and innovative collaboration, we are seeking personalities to complement our attributes.
The Field Superintendent is responsible for Performing a wide variety of duties including repairs, troubleshooting, installation, and maintenance to expedite the tenant turn process while ensuring Company property quality standards are maintained. The Field Superintendent position helps to preserve the functionality and condition of the homes while maintaining a clean and safe work environment and providing excellent customer service.
- Ensures that the property inventory is maintained to Company standards by performing various home improvements including carpentry, drywall repairs, fencing, removing debris, replacing fixtures and re-keys residences. Performs troubleshooting support and repairs for plumbing, garage door, irrigation, landscaping, and electrical issues.
- Conducts tenant move-out process including physical move-outs and key exchanges, assessment of property condition and completion of reports, work scope requirements and turn cost estimates to assist the Property Manager with security deposit reconciliation. Schedules and conducts move-in orientations and move-out inspections. May be required to attend eviction property set outs and eviction hearings.
- Directs and Inspects general contractor vendor work and work-in-progress ensuring that workmanship conforms to specifications and adheres to Company standards. Ensures finished projects are completed within 2 to 6 days of work commencement.
- Maintains all equipment in a clean, orderly and functional condition; ensures all work complies with applicable laws, regulations, safety practices.
- Actively supports and participates in the safety program, both for self-protection and the protection of other employees, by reading and abiding by all requirements in the Injury and Illness Prevention Program (I2P2).
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Minimum of five (5) years of Residential/Property maintenance or related experience required. Experience must include the use of:
- Basic hand tools (see list below)
- Power tools (see list below)
- PC skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office required.
- Experience using an Apple iPad preferred
- Yardi and CRM experience desired
- Demonstrated knowledge of occupational hazards and safety methods (OSHA) required.
- Valid Driver's license and auto insurance required.
- Must be able to perform basic measurement and calculations.
- Must be able to climb ladders (A-frame and extension ladders) to perform:
- Tree trimming with use of a using a handsaw or clippers
- Removal of debris and leaves from roof gutters
- Must be able to use the following equipment:Wrenches, claw hammer, Allen wrenches, band cutters, wire strippers, needle nose pliers, channel locks, 3-foot level, torpedo level, multimeter (CAT III+), breaker bar, clamps, pruning shears, pruning loppers, and pruning saws.
- Must be able to operate and maintain the following power tools: Hedge trimmer, Blower, Cordless drill, Impact driver, Reciprocating saw (Sawzall), Circular saw, Pressure washer, Air compressor & air tools
Work where you feel right at home -
If you are a versatile professional who values culture, a concerted environment and the potential for exponential growth, we want to work with you! Apply now and someone from our Talent Acquisition team will reach out to you soon!
Related Keywords –
Make-ready, turns, apartment turns, rental turns, make ready technician, turn technician, maintenance technician, facility superintendent, apartment superintendent, residential superintendent, make readies