H-E-B needs energetic and motivated Partners willing to work hard and have fun while making our Customers feel welcome. No matter what background you bring, or where you are in your career, we welcome you to join our community where People come first.
As a Customer Service Representative, you will be responsible for selecting eCommerce online orders and packaging them in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs). You will ensure all Perishable and Non-Perishable eCommerce merchandise areas clean and free of debris.
Once you're eligible, you'll become an Owner in the company, so we're looking for commitment, hard work, and focus on quality and Customer service. 'Partner-owned' means our most important resources--People--drive the innovation, growth, and success that make H-E-B The Greatest Omnichannel Retailing Company.
Do you have a:
HEART FOR PEOPLE... commitment to work hard to make sure People come first?
HEAD FOR BUSINESS... a strong sense of how what you do affects our Customers and our success?
PASSION FOR RESULTS... initiative to step up and do what needs doing?
We are looking for:
- a high school diploma
- advanced customer service skills; ability to work in a fast-paced environment
What is the work?
- Packages / transports/ loads groceries, merchandise from the Store to customer-s vehicle
- Assists in selecting, sorting, unloading merchandise from baskets or totes into refrigeration, frozen, or dry storage holding areas, and returning products to their proper location
- Provides excellent customer service; answers product-related questions, locates products, and helps Customers as needed
- Minimizes shrink through careful handling of product
- Achieves productivity standards
- Complies with federal, state, and company regulations / standards for product freshness, food safety, and sanitation
- Uses a digital tool to select items necessary to complete order from store, to pack and put away customer orders in staging area, and to retrieve orders for customers
Sanitation / Stocking / Food Safety:
- Gathers baskets and picks up trash inside and outside eStore as needed
- Maintains / stocks bag areas
- Organizes / cleans / prepares prep areas, wareroom, and sales floor for incoming trucks
- Loads/ unloads / moves heavy, bulky products to support eCommerce order selection
- Maintains standards for safety and sanitation
What is your background?
- Minimum age 18 (mandatory)
- High school diploma, or equivalent
Do you have what it takes to be a fit as an H-E-B eCommerce Customer Service Representative - In-store Shopper?
- Advanced customer service skills
- Communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and handle cross-functional tasks
- Ability to work a flexible schedule
- Ability to use material-handling equipment and maintain license
- Perform in a fast-paced work environment which requires detailed work and precision
- Work with Customers and stay attentive to their needs
- Work a flexible schedule, based on business needs
- Constantly* reach at waist, grasp
- Frequently stand, walk, reach at shoulders, reach at knees, push / pull with arms
- Occasionally be exposed to cold conditions, wet conditions, and loud noises
- Occasionally reach at overhead, reach at floor, bend, stoop, squat, crouch, kneel, crawl, climb stairs, climb ladders, pivot, twist, pinch, perform fine motor movements
- Demonstrate the ability to lift 55 lbs, and manage in excess of 55 lbs
- While there may be exceptions, the measurements noted are generally defined as--Constantly: 5.5 hours per 8-hour day; Frequently: 2.5 - 5.5 hours per 8-hour day; Occasionally: 0 - 2.5 hours per 8-hour day
It is the responsibility of each individual Partner to never lift beyond his or her own safe lifting limit. If an item is too heavy to lift, push or pull, and / or carry, the Partner must break the box down into lighter, smaller, more manageable components, or ask for assistance from another Partner or a manager.