Job Title: Engineering Manager
Department - Location: Technical- San Antonio, TX
Reports To: Technical General Manager
Position Type: Full Time, Management
FLSA Status: Exempt
Physical Requirement: Lift up to 50lbs, bend, squat, kneel, and stand for long periods
- The Engineering Manager functions with a high degree of autonomy and is responsible for managing the maintenance engineering department strategy, operations, and staff members for Toyoda Gosei (TG) Texas (TGTX).
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Makes decisions concerning strategic plans, budgets, equipment, as well as day to day operational needs of the departments
- Manage up to 10 employees; plan/assign/evaluate work, assess performance, address complaints/issues, encourage/motivate, and participate in disciplinary action
- Problem-solving/resolution and strategic planning to meet the business efficiency plan and business targets
- Collaborate on developing assignments, and internal audit processes and requirements
- Lead in application of TPS (Toyota Production Systems) 5S philosophy for TGTX; define and actively contribute to the accomplishment of the systems.
- Identify needs and prepare appropriate actions plans/responses to ensure successful completion
- Develop/support standardized work processes and procedure manuals to ensure best practices in employee training, scheduling, and customer output requirements
- Participate in training courses needed for better efficiency in production, timing & cost control
- Achieve safety, quality, cost & delivery targets by developing injection molding processes using scientific principles
- Design/implement injection molding processes: process/production design/plan, tool & equipment progress tracking; create follow-up & injection process condition references, PFMEA, standard/daily work instructions
- EOAT: Utilize AutoCAD, SolidWorks and Moldex 3D software for various projects including but not limited to mold design, cell layout design, mold plastic flow simulation, etc.
- Utilize quality tools (QC7) for improvement: FEA, DOE, FMEA, SPC, VA/VE activities.
- Drive productivity improvements through SMED and TPM activities
Qualifications and Competencies
- Minimum of ten years of experience in quality, engineering and maintenance management
- Bachelor degree in Engineering is required
- Working knowledge of Toyota Production System (TPS) is required
- Demonstrable understanding and ability to apply quality, engineering and maintenance theories and best practices
- Demonstrable understanding of plant operations and processes is required
- Experience working in an automotive manufacturing organization is required
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office Suites 2007 or newer is required
- Ability support management initiatives and consistently meet deadlines is required
- Effective verbal, non-verbal, negotiation and written communication skills are required
- Ability to sustain a high degree of professionalism in interacting with internal and external customers is required
- Effective attention to detail, problem solving, analytical, statistical and organizational skills is required
Toyoda Gosei North America Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Similar jobs you might like
Bluegreen Resorts San Antonio, TX