Requisition Number: DIREC04355
The Direct Support Professional (DSP) supports the company’s Mission, Vision and Core Values by providing direct care and support to individuals served promoting their health and safety and optimal well-being through the delivery of quality services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Transport consumers to medical and other appointments as instructed.
- Provide direct care support while transporting and/or supervise consumers.
- Keeping forms in work area filled/well supplied as well as accurate.
- Ensure that all paperwork is filed correctly in a timely manner.
- Schedule doctor appointments, as requested.
- Pick-up medications from pharmacy, as requested.
- Ordering medications in a timely manner.
- Complete and/or follow-up on the completion of documentation from medical appointments and/or when working direct care shifts.
- Deliver medications as needed to group homes and/or other Company locations, as instructed.
- Assist in scheduling medical appointments.
- Provide consumer transportation, as needed.
- File documentation, as instructed
- Represent the company in a professional manner in dealing with consumers, family members, guardians, other agencies, and other outside professionals.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Competitive Pay
- Sign-On Bonus (In certain markets)
- Referral Bonus
- Annual merit increases for eligible positions
- Flexible schedule
- Free Employee Assistance Program
- Paid specialized career training
- Paid time off for full-time employees
- Benefits for full-time employees
- Tele-Health network
- Company paid life insurance
- Must be 18 years of age
- High School Diploma or GED preferred
- Acceptable driving record and valid driver’s license required for the DSP Med Transport
- Acceptable background checks
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY:
D&S Community Services is committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity and inclusion in which all employees are valued for their skills, experience and unique perspective. This commitment is embodied in our company policies and in the way we do business. Working together as a diverse and inclusive organization is essential to our success.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, or other legally protected status. Post offer background check is required to ensure applicant meets all eligibility requirements.