Requisition Number: DIREC04263
The Direct Support Professional (DSP) supports the company’s Mission, Vision and Core Values by providing direct care and support to individuals served promoting their health and safety and optimal well-being through the delivery of quality services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Complete training on the needs of all consumers that a staff is assigned to work with.
- Work direct care shifts, as scheduled and required.
- Ensure safe storage and preparation of food in the homes.
- Ensure good health, hygiene, and grooming of consumers.
- Ensure consumer specific goals and objectives are followed and addressed.
- Complete and/or follow-up on the completion of documentation needed for consumer incidents, behavior tracking data sheets, accident reports, etc.
- Advocate on behalf of consumers, where appropriate.
- Report medical and/or behavioral incidents promptly.
- Ensure housekeeping is completed and cleaning checklists are filled out.
- Complete Residential Support Service (RSS) logs completely and accurately, and follow-up on corrections needed.
- Provide transportation for consumers as needed.
- Competitive Pay
- Sign-On Bonus (In certain markets)
- Referral Bonus
- Annual merit increases for eligible positions
- Flexible schedule
- Free Employee Assistance Program
- Paid specialized career training
- Paid time off for full-time employees
- Benefits for full-time employees
- Tele-Health network
- Company paid life insurance
- 18 years of age or older
- Acceptable background check
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY:
D&S Community Services is committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity and inclusion in which all employees are valued for their skills, experience and unique perspective. This commitment is embodied in our company policies and in the way we do business. Working together as a diverse and inclusive organization is essential to our success.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, or other legally protected status. Post offer background check is required to ensure applicant meets all eligibility requirements.