SAIC is seeking a Cyberspace Operations Subject Matter Expert with an active TS/SCI to work onsite with our customer in San Antonio, TX.
This work will be as a member of a small team supporting our government customer. The job requires a subject matter expert with a primary focus on cyberspace operations tools, techniques, procedures (TTP), course of action (COA) development, weaponeering, and capability gap identification. A thorough understanding of how to employ operational cyber capabilities is required. The ability to translate complex, technical aspects of cyberspace operations for technical and non-technical audiences at all levels in both written and verbal formats is equally essential. May provide crisis action and deliberate planning support for offensive and defensive operations.
Duties include: Serving as a subject matter expert with a primary focus on development of line-of-effort and course-of-action recommendations, weaponeering solutions, capability gap identification, along with offensive and defensive cyberspace operations TTP enhancements. Possess the ability to act in a multi-faceted role, which includes the need for a basic understanding of analysis and operations planning, furthermore, have an understanding of how to employ cyber modeling and simulation techniques. The applicant will review finished intelligence and commercially available products to extract valuable targeting and system information. They will also research and explain various types of networking protocols and articulate functionality, perform vulnerability analysis on system frameworks. The applicant will leverage critical thinking abilities, along with strong verbal and written communications skills to brief senior level leaders and compose highly technical analytical products. This also includes the ability to translate complex, technical aspects of cyber into clear, concise language for both technical and non-technical audiences at all levels.
The applicant must possess advanced knowledge of OCO/DCO, vulnerability analysis, penetration testing, and exploitation methods using manual testing techniques, scripts, commercial and open source tools. Have experience in the following:
- Discovery and/or exploiting vulnerabilities in complex networks, along with experience with network reconnaissance and open source intelligence (OSINT) gathering.
- Experience with industry standards to include OWASP, NIST, and IEEE
- In-depth knowledge of wireless vulnerabilities penetration testing methods.
- Ability to read and analyze network packet captures.
- Experience with network security to include; firewall, router, and switch security
- Knowledge of security best practices: NIST, CIS, Cisco, Juniper, Checkpoint, Microsoft, Unix/Linux, etc.
- Knowledge of security auditing techniques
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- Fourteen (14) years of experience with a Bachelor’s Degree; Masters and twelve (12) years experience; PhD and nine (9) years experience in Computer Science, Information Technology, or other technical related field; Additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- In-depth experience in supporting military and cyber operations.
- Experience with digital information and communications technologies, networking and systems analysis Strong working knowledge of basic office automation tool suites such as MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Proven knowledge of computer hardware/software and strong understanding of computer/ internet communications methods.
- Active TS/SCI with the ability to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI Polygraph