Apartment Maintenance Technician ($18-25)
Do you have great maintenance and customer service skills? Well put them to work as a maintenance tech you care for overall maintenance of the property to ensure that all physical aspects of the property meet all company s established standards. Troubleshoot and repair all aspects of the property and its Apartment homes. That includes plumbing, electrical, heating/cooling, carpentry, appliances, painting and drywall. Work may be performed independently or as part of the maintenance team. This position operates within and contributes to an environment with Fair Housing laws and Equal Employment Opportunity.
- Make the change to something bigger and better! We work with you to find the perfect property & team to work with!
- Troubleshoot work orders daily for residents prioritizing the service requests and ensuring they are completed in a timely fashion.
- Prepare vacant units for new residents ensuring that the unit meets the company standards/checklist.
- Maintain the exterior grounds of the property and conduct seasonal duties such as pool maintenance.
- Conduct walk-through of the entire property to ensure everything is in working order; if not, take the appropriate steps for correction.
- Prepare for inspections.
- Schedule outside contractors for projects, if necessary.
- Be available for quick response per company policy if on-call duties are required.
- Attend staff meetings as required or requested.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by Maintenance Supervisor, Maintenance Manager or Property Manager.
- Administrative Skills ability to understand the Company s policies and procedures, track materials used for inventory purposes, sign-in/sign-out unit keys.
- Analytical Skills ability to draw conclusions and examine alternatives when approaching a maintenance request, ability to read blue prints, if required, ability to consider alternative methods/materials, if the necessary are unavailable.
- Communication/Language Skills ability to read and comprehend warning labels and service requests, ability to effectively communicate with residents and other property staff.
- Coordinating Skills ability to prioritize numerous tasks and the importance of service requests.
- Creative Skills ability to find the most efficient way to complete a task, continuously look for ways to retain residents and improve the property.
- Manual Skills cleaning, snow removal, groundskeeping.
- Maintenance Skills plumbing, electric, heating/cooling, carpentry, appliance repair, painting, drywall
- Other Skills confidentiality, customer service, carpet cleaning, painting and paint equipment repair/maintenance.