Job Description Job Number: R0028115
AI Software Developer, Mid
Serve as an Artificial Intelligence (AI) software developer on a talented team, collaborate with artists and designers from diverse technical backgrounds to solve difficult problems, and implement novel solutions to complex coding problems. Use cutting-edge hardware and software in the development of the next generation of learning, training, and educational tools for the US defense community. Incorporate innovative techniques, including game-based learning, interactive functionality, and 3D immersive graphics. Develop simulated environments to create effective learning experiences tailored to client needs on multiple platforms, including desktop, mobile, and virtual or augmented reality devices.
- Experience with implementing AI components, including state machines, behavior trees, and pathfinding
- Experience with game development using Unity, Unreal, or similar 3D engines
- Experience with developing software solutions for PC or mobile platforms
- Knowledge of object-oriented programming practices
- Ability to program in C#, C++, or Java
- Ability to work with game producers, artists, designers, and quality assurance
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
- BA or BS degree required
- Experience with working in Unity 5.x or higher
- Experience with developing multiplayer interactions
- Experience in working with FBX files in Unity
- Experience with mobile development, including iOS or Android
- Experience with VR/AR development
- Experience with project tracking tools, including Jira
- Experience with working in an Agile environment
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
We're an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status—to fearlessly drive change.