This position is responsible for performing administrative and clerical duties and customer support functions within the auction. The Account Administrator assures that an accurate and complete computerized and physical inventory of customer units is established, maintains and updates the inventories on a continuous basis in order to assign and prepare units for the sale as required by specific customer.
- Perform data entry of required information in the AS 400 system of (VIN) Vehicle Identification Number (where applicable) and other descriptive information for all units.
- Establish customer unit files in the computer system. Update unit files on a continuous basis with standardized abbreviations to assure that unit location, condition, special announcements and other activities relative to the unit are properly recorded.
- Manage relationships with accounts, maintaining effective communications and ensuring customer requirements are met.
- Maintain files, verification of title information, where appropriate. Work with title department to assure that a negotiable title or other appropriate documentation is obtained for each unit assigned.
- Ensure completion of recon, transportation, and all other unit charges are applied to the appropriate unit in the AS400 system.
- Respond to customer inquiries relating to the units. Provide quality service and assist in resolving problems.
- Communicate with Transportation department in order to arrange required transportation or obtain information including transportation condition reports, bills, etc. Pull transmitted transportation charges as needed. Coordinate transportation as needed.
- Submit all graphic requests to marketing/graphics department for creation.
- Assist the team as needed with special projects that require administrative support including PowerPoint presentations and promotional mailings.
- Seek floor price information from Account Representative and enter it into computer system.
- Review and update condition report information in the computer system as needed in coordination with the Inspection team. Pull and print electronic condition reports. Provide customer with copies as necessary.
- In coordination with account specific procedures enter sale run process including run order, scheduling, notice to customer account, etc.
- Communicate with accounting department in order to balance the sale and perform post-sale invoicing for accounts receivable as needed.
- Maintain and update physical inventory files that document all activities relative to each customer unit, assuring accurate sale processing/closing records.
- Communicate with Online Operations department in order to prepare assigned units for online programs.
- Ensure all weekly, monthly, and after sale reports are generated and accurate.
- Provide administrative/clerical support as needed.
- Assist department with coordination and execution of sale day activities.
- Assist with IF's after sales.
- Visibly demonstrate safety commitment by following all safety and health procedures and modeling the behaviors related to such. Actively participate in support of all safety activities aligned with Safety Excellence.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- 2 years of administrative or general office experience required. Previous Administrative Assistant experience strongly preferred.
- Effective interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to interface well with all levels of the organization.
- Strong computer software skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Microsoft PowerPoint required.
- Good organizational and time management skills required.
- Ability to multi-task effectively and efficiently.
- Ability to interact in a team environment.
- Commitment to providing excellent customer service essential.
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to view and read computer screen throughout workday.
- Ability to perform repetitive data entry tasks, manual dexterity.
- Vision abilities required include close, distance and depth perception.
Office setting and some exposure to an outdoor working environment.