OPS Group Description:The ABDC Operations department is responsible for all transfer agency related services for our Collective Investment Trust (CIT), Defined Contribution Products: Custom Retirement Strategies (CRS), Lifetime Income Strategy (LIS) and Multi Asset Select Retirement, CIT and Wealth Strategies products. This includes but is not limited to processing and quality control verifications on all daily trading activity, reconciling client holdings and producing daily trade confirmations. Other duties include monthly fee assessment, production and distribution of client level reports, procedural documentation and implementation, responding to client requests, problem research and resolution.
AllianceBernstein (AB) is a global investment-management firm providing industry-leading research and investment solutions through a combination of innovation, intellectual curiosity and relentless ingenuity. We offer high-quality research and diversified investment services to institutional and individual investors worldwide. Our clients include some of the world's top institutions as well as private-wealth clients and retail investors. Through close partnerships with our clients, we collaborate on investment strategies across regions and sectors to inspire innovative thinking and deliver superior outcomes.
We invest in our people and in the communities in which we operate, and we celebrate our diversity to showcase what makes us unique. We offer our talent the opportunity to grow professionally while working on cutting-edge ideas and outcomes in a global culture that operates as a tight-knit community.
If you're ready to innovate and grow your career, join us.
AllianceBernstein is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based race, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or citizenship status.
OPS Job Description:
We are seeking a San Antonio based AO/Business Analyst to join our AllianceBernstein Defined Contribution group in ABDC Operations Team.
Describe the role:
We are seeking a San Antonio based Business, Data, and Systems Business Analyst to support the business and our teams in Operations Defined Contribution team. The successful candidate will work closely with colleagues in San Antonio New York, Nashville, London, & Taiwan.
- Understands the business problems / needs from business executives, product managers, operations managers and business users
• Analyses and documents detailed business requirements including data and non-functional requirements
• Produces test cases and assists Quality Assurance team in testing developed code prior to User Acceptance Testing
• Communicates business requirements to development staff and coordinates the project implementation effort
• Uses a combination of SQL, ACCESS, Excel, and other general IT skills to assess problems and design solutions
• Ensures traceability between business and functional requirements
• Conducts gap analysis and downstream impact exercises for system changes
• Develops and maintains a detailed understanding of business processes and applications, customer needs and priorities
• Makes suggestions on business process improvements to promote business growth and efficiency
• Builds and maintains relationships with key business, IT stakeholders, team members, vendors, and other departments involved in the projects, and manages expectations
• Promotes a constructive, positive team environment and maintains a spirit of openness, information sharing, inquisitiveness, problem-solving, and support for our common goals
• Working with Systems Support teams to resolve user issues
Key Responsibilities Include
- Gathering requirements for new project implementation
• Ability to analyze existing systems along with peers and put together requirements for new features or enhancements
• Build knowledge of business requirements, data models, user interfaces and navigation specifications that bridge business need with systems design/deliverables
Functional Responsibilities Include
- Independent interaction with business users and IT groups to understand requirements
• Collaboration with onshore/offshore developers
- Knowledge of Defined Contributions, Fund of Fund, and Collective Investment Trust
• Strong data analytical and problem-solving skills
• Knowledge of data, reporting and analytic functions preferably within a financial firm
• Experience with Structured Query Language (SQL) – needs the ability to query data
• Knowledge of relational databases and concepts
• Ability to understand and interpret complex data relationships and queries
• Able to actively participate in data design/modelling discussions.
• Experience with Jira, SharePoint, and ServiceNow a plus
• MS Office
• Word - Basic knowledge is sufficient
• Excel - Used frequently. Basic knowledge and experience required. Strong knowledge and working experience advantageous Ability to write VBA macros to aid data analysis
• PowerPoint - Used quite often. Working experience advantageous
• Visio - Used quite often. Experience advantageous. Also, an aptitude for converting hand-drawn diagrams into clear electronic versions
• Access - Experience not required although working understanding of databases potentially useful as role develops
Understanding of Securities industry and financial instruments are desirable
- Corporate Actions
• Fund Accounting
• Portfolio Management
Ability to understand algorithms for performance calculations
Special Knowledge:Knowledge of mutual funds, financial or business operations including: banking, securities, and bookkeeping- preferred.