About Rocket Lawyer
We believe everyone deserves access to simple and affordable legal services.
Founded in 2008, Rocket Lawyer is the largest and most widely used online legal service platform in the world. With offices in North America and Europe, Rocket Lawyer has helped over 20 million people create over 3 million legal documents, and answer over 30,000 legal questions.
We are in a unique position to enhance and expand the Rocket Lawyer platform to a scale never seen before in the company’s history, to capture audiences worldwide. We are expanding our team to take on this challenge!
About the Role
We are looking for a passionate engineer who wants to work in a fast-paced, dynamic agile environment with a talented product development team, based in our Saltillo office. They will be responsible for helping us to evolve and deliver on our automation strategy, by ensuring that the tools and frameworks we provide meet the needs of our development teams across all locations, enabling teams to dramatically increase their automated test coverage.
- Passionate about testing and quality
- Clear and precise in face-to-face and written communication
- Quality first mindset and a low tolerance to imperfections
- Results oriented and positive team-oriented attitude
- Takes initiative. Doesn’t wait around to be assigned tasks
- Make test results visible to help elicit a collective decision
- Leverages automation to provide quick feedback and deliver
- Obsessively organized
- Great analytical skills to evaluate test results
- Quick learner. Asks questions to clarify user story acceptance criteria
- Resilient to change
- Die-hard learner on everything related to testing
- Constantly upgrading skills by exploring new tools and techniques
- Open to and seeks out feedback, using it to reflect on ways to improve
- Writes & maintains automated tests
- Code reviews changes to automated test framework with a critical eye toward ensuring good coding practices
- Enhances test framework as needed to extend automated test coverage and improve reliability and performance of tests
- Applies deep knowledge of test framework architecture and industry best practices to evolve our tools and automation strategy
- Works proactively and collaboratively to understand the testing challenges that various delivery teams face and provides direction and insight
- Provides mentoring and guidance to testers wishing to improve their automation skills
- Provides input into coding best practices, with an emphasis on increasing testability
Skills & Experience
- Bachelor degree in software engineering, computer science, or related field
- 5 yrs of experience as a test engineer in an agile environment
- 3 year of of Java programming experience as a software engineer, software automation engineer, technical quality engineer, or related field
- 2 years of experience with BDD frameworks: Cucumber, JBehave, Fitnesse, Concordian, etc
- Demonstrated expertise with at least 3 or the following test tools and frameworks: Selenium, Rest Assured, Appium, JDBC.
- Deep understanding of the functional aspects of web and RESTful applications, e.g., browser cookies, URLs and HTTP methods
- Hands on experience with CI tools (e.g. Jenkins), bug tracking tools (e.g. JIRA), source control (e.g. GitHub), IDEs (e.g. Eclipse, IntelliJ), test case management tools (e.g. Hiptest)
- Working knowledge of basic SQL to fetch and verify data from database
- Solid understanding of automation best practices, and agile testing methodologies