Victim Services Coordinator - Timelimited (OPEN UNTIL FILLED)
Req Number: 22-8909
Assists with providing services to child victims of crime and non-offending family members to help them cope through the investigative and criminal justice process.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Human Services, Sociology, Psychology, Family Studies, or other closely related field, plus one (1) year experience working with children; OR an equivalent combination of related education and experience.
Due to the nature of this position, the successful applicant must successfully pass an initial criminal background check as well as every two years thereafter and continuously meet the requirements of the Bureau of Criminal Identification (BCI).
- Provides crisis services, advocacy, trauma assessments, follow-up support, and referral services to clients. Coordinates medical exams for child victims, language translation services and victim reparation applications.
- Coordinates and schedules the involvement of allied agencies involved with child abuse investigations and onsite forensic interviews of victims and witnesses according to interagency protocols. Facilitates interagency collaboration and participation.
- Provides data entry and maintains records.
- Reviews cases with supervisor for input and direction.
- May assist in operating the digital recording system to collect victim and witness statements during the forensic interview provided as evidence for the criminal justice process.
- May assist in providing tours and hospitality to clients and other professionals using the center.
- Assists in the coordination of training events for professionals.
- May assist with advisory board meetings and grant reporting tasks.
DISTRICT ATTORNEY DOWNTOWN (DAD)-1397
$40,038.00 - $60,058.00 D.O.E
Sep 20, 2022 12:47 pm
Dec 31, 2022 01:36 pm