As a patient-focused organization, University of Utah Health exists to enhance the health and well-being of people through patient care, research and education. Success in this mission requires a culture of collaboration, excellence, leadership, and respect. University of Utah Health seeks staff that are committed to the values of compassion, collaboration, innovation, responsibility, diversity, integrity, quality and trust that are integral to our mission. EO/AA
This position performs various cleaning tasks to provide all staff, visitors and patients a safe and clean environment. The incumbent maintains high standards of cleanliness, sanitation and freedom from hazards and infections.
This position has the authority to experience a certain degree of autonomy in simply “keeping up“ an assigned area under their jurisdiction, making independent judgments on needed activities and projects. Incumbents may function as a team leader on specific assignments or activities involving personnel of the same job classification.
Challenges encountered in this position include working around patients, visitors and staff without causing any disruptions, working with patient care units and other departments with specialized cleaning needs and hazards, and determining if chemical spills are medical, infectious or a routine spill and then the appropriate procedure to follow in disposing of the spill. This position is not responsible for providing patient care.
- Follow these steps to apply: Submit application and take assessment once you apply online.
- Upload Most Recent Up Dated Resume with verifiable work history and experience.
- Review Job Location, Schedule Hours and Qualifications to be consider for this job.
- If your phone number or email changes make sure to update it in your application and resume.
- If selected HR recruiter will contact you to do a phone screen interview and further assist.
- Sweeps, cleans, mops, scrubs and dusts floors.
- Cleans toilets, basins, showers, bathtubs, patient beds and scrubs walls.
- Dusts, cleans and vacuums furniture, fixtures doors and related furnishings by using appropriate cleaning supplies.
- Operates and maintains electric floor machines, snow blowers, industrial vacuums, carpet shampooing equipment and upholstery shampooing equipment.
- Cleans, refinishes and maintains a variety of floor coverings.
- Cleans patient rooms, beds, waiting areas and examination tables.
- Labels and removes infectious waste bags and containers.
- Transports custodial supplies and equipment to and from storage and work areas.
- Replaces sharps containers, transports trash and refuse, removes empty boxes and organizes closets.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
- Ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined above.
- Demonstrated human relations and effective communication skills.
- Ability to use basic electronic devices in the course of daily work.
- Entry level position.
- Dependent upon assigned department, a valid Utah driver's license may be required.
- Six months of related experience.
- Basic Life Support card or obtain one within one month of hire.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
Employee must be able to meet the following requirements with or without an accommodation.
- This position involves intermediate working conditions in a healthcare setting that may exert up to 50 pounds and may consistently require light work involving lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling or otherwise moving objects involving patient care or medical equipment. This position may be required to use a 6 foot step ladder. This position may stand for sustained periods of time and/or walk for long distances moving from one work site to another. This position may be exposed to chemical hazards.
- We are University of Utah Health. healthcare.utah.edu
Carrying, Lifting, Listening, Pulling and/or Pushing, Reaching, Speaking, Standing, Stooping and Crouching, Walking