Sales Specialist, Ophthalmology, Rocky Mountains-CO, NM, WY, UT
JR000010173 Sales Specialist, Ophthalmology, Rocky Mountains-CO, NM, WY, UT (Open)
ARD Field Sales - USA404
Albuquerque, NM, Denver, CO, Las Vegas, NV, Salt Lake City, UT
Join Mallinckrodt's Autoimmune and Rare Disease (ARD) Sales Force Team, where we work to become a valued partner in serving patients with autoimmune and rare diseases.
The successful candidate will be able to show documented success as a top producer using superior clinical selling skills, while effectively managing their territory operating within all compliance and company policies and procedures, as a results-oriented sales person, business partner and consultant. Develop strategically targeted, accounts and specific business plans that reflect an in-depth understanding of local, regional and national market forces impacting product sales. The incumbent will skillfully deal with the concepts and complexities associated with the products and adjunctive therapies and must demonstrate an in-depth understanding of the clinical data.
- Meet or exceed all established territory sales plan and expense plan goals and objectives, by developing and implementing strategies specific to the assigned territory.
- Establish and maintain professional relationships with targeted opinion leaders and physicians
- Maintain an updated working knowledge of Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals products and relevant disease states.
- Effectively develops a Territory Business Plan, plans all work days and weeks, established call plans and prepares for all sales calls so as to meet or exceed goals and objectives.
- Develop and implement special programs within territory to maximize sales opportunities, i.e. speakers' bureau programs, symposia, etc.
- Develop and/or maintain permanent customer records.
- Complete assigned administrative tasks in a timely, accurate, legible, and organized manner.
- Communicate a current, effective, and accurate sales presentation to customers.
- Present a professional sales image in all business matters.
- Carry out duties and responsibilities in compliance with applicable regulations and Pharma guidelines and operate assigned sales territory within established sales and/or corporate policies, procedures, and standards
- Attend regional and national conferences throughout the year
Skills & Competencies
- Selling skills – Ability to profitably build new business and expand existing customer relationships
- Clinical Acumen – Possesses strong clinical and disease state knowledge that enables impactful clinical selling and strong decision making, while showing a deep understanding of the market and customers patients/practice
- Business Acumen – Understands industry trends, economic sectors and market dynamics to drive strategy
- Communications and Teamwork –Communicates accurately, concisely and compellingly to a variety of audiences and adapts communication style as needed; ability to forge and maintain effective relationships with internal employees and external customers
- Resource Utilization – Identifies available resources and solves problems by utilizing best available information and support resources
- Demonstrate Mallinckrodt's Values: Patient Centric, Integrity, Innovative and Collaborative
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Experience required; in one of the following areas:
• years pharmaceutical sales in any Therapeutic Area
• years Surgical Sales in Ophthalmology
• years Device Sales Ophthalmology
• years Durable Medical Equipment Ophthalmology
- Experience Selling Biologics to Specialty Physicians in rare disease areas preferred
- Ophthalmology experience highly preferred
Territory: Rocky Mountains
Preferred work location: Denver, CO
Local travel; some overnight required, may vary depending on the region
Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals offers employees a Total Rewards package, which includes competitive base pay and bonus opportunities, excellent benefits, an outstanding work environment and the chance to grow, both financially and professionally.
For more information please view our website:
Mallinckrodt is an Equal Opportunity Employer.