Open Date 11/05/2019
Requisition Number PRN22414B
Job Title Research Associate
Working Title Research Associate
Job Grade A00
FLSA Code Professional
Patient Sensitive Job Code? No
Standard Hours per Week 40
Full Time or Part Time? Full Time
Work Schedule Summary
Monday – Friday
VP Area U of U Health - Academics
Department 01720 - PHS - HEALTH SYS INNO & RSRCH
City Salt Lake City, UT
Type of Recruitment External Posting
Pay Rate Range 20000 to 500000
Open Until Filled Yes
The Department of Population Health Sciences seeks a highly motivated Research Associate to join its staff. This individual will work both independently and assist HSIR faculty in the field of Health Services research. The Research Associate will be responsible for co-developing and managing and executing research projects. This is a position with the initial appointment period of two years. Contingent upon availability and continuance of research funding, this appointment may be renewed for a third year. The Research Associate may be allowed to work remotely if needed.
- Lead and co-Lead research in health services research, epidemiology, and implementation science.
- Perform primary drafting of analysis plans, manuscripts, abstracts, and scientific posters
- Preform literature reviews and analyze and synthesize available literature on given topic.
- Work with quantitative data and guide analytic staff.
- Collaborate with study and analytics teams to test hypothesis, answer key questions, summarize data, create reports, and assist in the dissemination of study results to academic audiences.
- Promote research to internal and external teams including dissemination of results through scholarly writing and conferences.
- Direct collaborative projects within the University of Utah and other centers and partner institutions.
- Lead research activities and collaborate with investigators throughout entire research process, from grant applications to design through results interpretation and manuscript preparation.
- Oversee the design and delivery of data management services.
- Coordinate, integrate and utilize applications and databases.
- Interface with programmers, epidemiologists, statisticians, analysts and clinician investigators within the group to support research and operational projects.
- Write research and programmatic proposals, grants, and manuscripts; direct preparation of manuscripts and presentation materials.
- Participate in professional development activities including leading health services methods based journal clubs and topic discussions.
- Other research, operational, and programmatic functions as requested.
Minimum three (3) years of experience as co- or principal investigator in conducting research and research experience during post-graduate training.
PharmD with a Master's degree in clinical investigation, epidemiology, public health, social science, or other relevant field.
Type Benefited Staff
Special Instructions Summary
The University of Utah is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and is committed to diversity in its workforce. In compliance with applicable federal and state laws, University of Utah policy of equal employment opportunity prohibits discrimination on the basis of race or ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran's status, status as a qualified person with a disability, or genetic information. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups, such as minorities, women, qualified persons with disabilities, and protected veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Veterans' preference is extended to qualified applicants, upon request and consistent with University policy and Utah state law.
To inquire about this posting, email: email@example.com or call 801-581-2300. Reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to qualified individuals with disabilities. To request an accommodation or for further information about University AA/EO policies, please contact the Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action, 201 S. Presidents Cr., Rm 135, (801) 581-8365 (V/ TDD ), email: firstname.lastname@example.org .
The University is a participating employer with Utah Retirement Systems (“URS“). Eligible new hires with prior URS service, may elect to enroll in URS if they make the election before they become eligible for retirement (usually the first day of work). Contact Human Resources at (801) 581-7447 for information. Individuals who previously retired and are receiving monthly retirement benefits from URS are subject to URS' post-retirement rules and restrictions. Please contact Utah Retirement Systems at (801) 366-7770 or (800) 695-4877 or University Human Resource Management at (801) 581-7447 if you have questions regarding the post-retirement rules.
This position may require the successful completion of a criminal background check and/or drug screen.
The University is a participating employer with Utah Retirement Systems (“URS“). Eligible new hires with prior URS service, may elect to enroll in URS if they make the election before they become eligible for retirement (usually the first day of work). Contact Human Resources at (801) 581-7447 for information. Individuals who previously retired and are receiving monthly retirement benefits from URS are subject to URS' post-retirement rules and restrictions. Please contact Utah Retirement Systems at (801) 366-7770 or (800) 695-4877 or University Human Resource Management at (801) 581-7447 if you have questions regarding the post-retirement rules.This position may require the successful completion of a criminal background check and/or drug screen.