bioMérieux Inc. and its subsidiary BioFire Diagnostics, LLC. is looking for an Internal Audit Manager to join our growing team!
Work under the direction of the Senior Director Accounting and CFO to design an internal audit approach for bioMerieux North America. Execute systematic audits which regularly examine financial variances, internal control environment and business processes. Identify through the audit process deficient internal controls, irregularities and areas for process improvement. Make recommendations in a formal audit report which can be used for internal control and process improvements. Develop and analyze financial and general ledger account variances to identify areas of focus for internal audit. Must possess a thorough knowledge of debris and credits and how they are transacted in an ERP system to create financial data. May assist with documenting and writing process documents as assigned.
Use SAP ERP to generate or create reports used to conduct targeted sampling, data mining and auditing. Working knowledge of US GAAP and IFRS and the ability to effectively articulate internal control requirements. Ability to communicate financial and accounting concepts in a clear and concise way. Ability to write and speak effectively to all levels of organization.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform all work in compliance with company quality procedures and standards.
- Design an internal audit approach for bioMerieux North America with assistance of Senior Director Accounting and CFO which aligns with group policy.
- Execute audits as per the audit program and report findings and recommendations timely and in sufficient detail so relevant parties can action appropriately.
- Prepare the annual internal control environment assessment in the corporate tools partnering with the group internal control team.
- Assist with external audit as required.
- Assist in the implementation and monitoring of internal control processes.
- Demonstrates good interpersonal skills along with excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Special projects as assigned by the Senior Director Accounting or CFO.
QualificationsTraining & Education: Master’s degree in a related field required, CPA Preferred
Experience: Five years accounting experience required. Public accounting experience with public company client preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience with SAP desired
- Proficient with Microsoft office suite: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook; and other related business reporting tools Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Effective organization, attention to detail and the ability to meet deadlines are essential
- Understanding of general accounting principles Data analysis skills
Physical Requirements: May be required to lift boxes 40lbs. or less