To apply to a Varex Imaging position, please create an account and sign-in.
CURRENT VAREX IMAGING EMPLOYEES: Please apply by logging into your internal Workday Account.
Want to be added to our Talent Community? Click Here
Overview: Varex Imaging Information Technology department will be adding an IT Administrator to address our demand for Infrastructure systems support across the enterprise. As an IT Administrator, you have experience deploying, operating and supporting Servers, Hypervisors, Storage, Backups, Monitoring, DNS, DHCP, MDM, Federated SSO and Active Directory. The position also supports Disaster Recovery and the automation of the replication and restoration of services, files, and applications.
Ideal candidates thrive on variety and innovation in their daily work, and on working with a wide range of technologies (open-source and vendor-supported) in a dynamic environment.
More specifically, the role's responsibilities include:
- Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability to work with a ticket queue and perform first contact and ticket resolution within SLA
- Ability to manage time well and maintain a high standard of work
- Help to establish and apply system administration standards
- Remain current with technology and industry/market trends
- VMware Responsibilities including configuration and administration.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver detailed technical documentation and manage tasks.
- Ability to support technical solutions to the architected design
- Test, certify and document new systems, environments and cloud services.
- Create technical documentation of existing and new environments
- Regular collaboration and communication with teams and end-users
- Administering SQL databases (Backup, Replication, Recovery, Performance Tuning…).
- Monitor, support, configure and physically build systems
- Provide expert troubleshooting and technical support of systems for supported business units.
- Provide internal-consulting and support to business units
- Ability to translate requirements and provide details to higher level engineers and management
- On-call rotation participation
- Proactively suggest enhancements to existing configurations, technologies or procedures.
- Troubleshoot intricate systems and networking issues down to the bit level and up to the application layer.
- Process, monitor and prioritize trouble tickets.
- Automate any and all tasks that can be automated.
- Assist in hardware/software purchases.
- Provide critical thinking to complex problems in a 24/7, mission critical mixed Windows/Linux environment
- Perform other job related duties as assigned
- Strategic Responsibilities: In this role the viable candidate will need to be able to develop strong partnership relationships with:
- Our global enterprise application teams within Varex IT to collect and define technical requirements for system needs
- Information security and data privacy team to ensure compliance objectives are known and achieved within the system designs
- Software engineering organization
- All other internal and external customers to ensure timely resolution to questions or issues
Experience: Specific training, skills and experience needed to perform the job typically requires a Bachelor's degree with 1-2 years of related experience.
- Experience with virtualization technologies
- Experience with backup/restore technologies
- Experience with storage
- Data Center Critical Facilities experience
- Hands-On Server Hardware Experience
- Windows Server, Linux & UNIX OS proficiency
- Familiarity with AD, IIS, FTP, SMTP, SCCM and other utility related platforms
- Accomplished professional demonstrating both team and key individual contributions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills: Ability to communicate effectively with end-users, business owners, developers, managers, and systems engineers.
- Value added skills/experience:
- Certification or equivalent engineering experience in multiple OS's, VM and storage systems, Windows Server, SAN, Networking
- Extensive experience with VMWare
- Experience with Office 365
- Experience with Solarwinds
- Experience with Okta
- Experience with NetApp, Hitachi, Cohesity
- Cloud service experience AWS preferred
Pay Rate Type:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.