Full Time/Part Time Nurse Practitioner - Salt Lake
Planned Parenthood Association of Utah
Salt Lake City, UT
WHO WE ARE
Planned Parenthood Association of Utah (PPAU) is a non-profit family planning agency and a leader in reproductive healthcare, advocacy, and education in the state of Utah. We provide high-quality, affordable reproductive health care for women, men, and teens in 8 health centers across the state.
At PPAU, care is much more than the services we provide; it’s the way we approach our world. We care with respect and are passionate about helping women, men, and young people lead healthy lives.
With the collaboration of the affiliate Medical Director and the Assistant Medical Director, functions in an expanded role with special emphasis on providing reproductive health care to men and women. As a member of the clinic Team, participates in the development and implementation of processes to provide quality patient care. This position is part-time. Pay begins at $40/hour.
Essential Job Functions:
· Accepts direction and supports agency objectives, goals and values.
· Collaborates with other members of the health care team on patient care standards and enhancement of efficient clinical operations.
· Participates with team members in the hiring, training and performance review of new employees.
· Acts as a resource for other team members providing technical assistance when requested/ indicated.
· Participates in the training of students, and residents.
· Coordinates special projects to enhance overall patient care and Agency mission.
· Maintains awareness of clinic financial and patient data.
· Obtains and records an accurate health history
· Performs physical examination with emphasis on the reproductive system
· Performs, orders, and interprets diagnostic tests within the scope of the medical standards and guidelines.
· Prescribes drug therapy according to standard medical practice and within prescriptive practice regulations.
· Recognizes common gynecologic and non-gynecologic medical problems and other deviations from normal and provides management or referrals as appropriate.
· Completes client visit records (CVR) and documentation of client encounters promptly and accurately.
· Completes tasks that support patient care such as prescription refills, phone consultations, and patient follow-up.
· Participates in continuing medical education as necessary for licensure.
· Interprets scientific studies based on knowledge of basic research principles.
· Recognizes ethical, legal, and professional issues inherent in providing care to women throughout the life cycle.
· Addresses problems positively and listens non-defensively.
· Represents PPAU in a professional and positive manner when dealing with clients, the public, volunteers, interns/externs, donors and other staff, demonstrating a commitment to quality healthcare and excellent customer service.
· Participates with team members in identifying and improving systems, activities, behaviors, resolving issues, etc. which result in improving quality services.
· Maintain confidentiality according to HIPAA and to PPAU policy.
· Attend and participate in all required meetings and training sessions.
· Participates in annual team review process.
· Understands their responsibility and participates in assuring productivity levels are maintained.
· Demonstrates respect for diversity in daily activities.
· Meet Agency standards for performance measures and attendance/punctuality.
· Performs other duties as required or requested.
· Current Utah license as an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) or Physician’s Assistant.
· 6+ years clinical experience in Reproductive Health preferred.
· Experience with underserved populations preferred.
· Bilingual in Spanish preferred.
Competencies & Essential Skills:
· Problem Solving/Analytical Thinker: Ability to solve and analyze problems effectively and efficiently.
· Communication/Interpersonal Skills: Ability to provide exceptional customer service to co-workers.
· Exceptional communication skills and ability to respond to difficult situations.
· Time Management: Ability to multi task and work efficiently within close time constraints. Ability to work under pressure and in a highly stressful environment.
· Business Knowledge: Ability to master the components of health center operations and processes.
· Organization: Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
· Judgment and Decision Making: Ability to exercise initiative, sound judgment and problem-solving techniques in the decision-making process.
· Technology/Tools: Ability to use various computer systems and applications including electronic practice management systems and electronic health care records as well as an advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications and Microsoft SQL Server.
· Compliance: Demonstrates a commitment to the PPAU mission and philosophy. Adheres to PPAU’s policies and is committed to act legally and ethically within the scope of work.
The position will be full or time (32-40 hrs/week) with full benefits - medical, dental, vision, basic life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability, accident insurance, 4% 403b match, generous PTO, and holiday pay. Starting compensation will be negotiable depending experience.
WHY WORK AT PPAU?
In addition to competitive wages and a comprehensive benefit package, being part of the PPAU team means providing all Utahans with the opportunity to move through their reproductive lives as safely, confidently, and healthily as possible.
Upon request, reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to individuals with disabilities.
Planned Parenthood Association of Utah is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Planned Parenthood is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.