Traeger Grills, headquartered in Salt Lake City, has been revolutionizing BBQ grilling and outdoor cooking for 30 years. We obsess over providing world-class experiences to not only our customers, but also to our retail partners and vendors. Recently voted as a 2016,2017, & 2018 Best Company to Work For, and a Top 25 Fastest Growing Company by Utah Business Magazine, we’re looking for individuals who are committed to winning. We pride ourselves on maintaining a culture based around teamwork, quality, innovation and constant growth and development. We cook together and we win together!
This role will be responsible for supporting the electrical engineering group and its portfolio of technology-based projects. As part of this responsibility, the Firmware Engineer will conceive, design, and prototype products through a Concept Lock Down Tollgate. After which he/she will produce a design binder and assist in ongoing commercialization activities. In addition, this person will be responsible for closely working with 3rd party partners. This role requires a high level of organization, creativity, attention to detail, and engineering knowledge to successfully launch innovative features and products consistently. This person will be involved in collaborative activities as well as effectively communicating project progress and information with the wider team.
- Create and maintain wireless protocols to our cloud system.
- Work closely with our IT and Application Development Teams to ensure smooth transfer of data from the grill to the cloud.
- Create robust software solutions that deliver on design intent, manufacturability, and performance specifications.
- Create and manage engineering documentation that meet industry standards.
- Perform engineering analysis on but not limited to layout optimization, cost, and software design.
- Design and perform experimentation for early validation and verification of focused designs and full product concepts.
- Work closely with outside suppliers to deliver prototypes on time and at cost that are aligned to business expectations.
- Ensure the team’s execution of the integrated “Go to Market” plan, as a member of an advanced engineering team.
- Understand competitor Intellectual Property and provide market trends.
- Provide design input for DFM and DFA during product development to ensure adherence to functional, aesthetic and regulatory requirements.
- Create fast and functional prototypes using appropriate control and electronics hardware.
- Perform troubleshooting and root cause analysis on existing and future products.
- Work well with all stakeholders and understand the needs of the whole product team.
- Transfer consumer insights into consumer desired features and products that provide the category business teams a product innovation pipeline that delivers a best in class consumer experience
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering
- 5+ years of experience in the field or in a related area, 10+ preferred
- C/C++ Languages
- Experience with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth communications protocols
- Communication protocols (UART, SPI, I2C, CAN)
- Have advanced skill set in embedded system design with preemptive multitasking real-time operating systems (RTOS)
- Experience in the design, development, and testing of debug firmware
- Experience with IoT products and working knowledge of IoT architecture, consumer products a plus
- PC literate in Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project)
- Interaction with overseas resources, ability to travel overseas a must
- Initiative and a wide degree of creativity is required
- Experience in component selection that will meet performance requirements, availability, and cost targets
- Highly self-motivated and self-directed with the ability to work with teams cross functionally
- Must have proven experience developing and designing products
- Ability to effectively create and communicate ideas using physical prototypes
- Demonstrable interest and skill in the field of product design
What We Offer:
- Generous 401(k) plan
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs
- Open-PTO Policy
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Cell Phone Reimbursement
- Individual professional development programs and initiatives that help you grow and develop professionally
- A positive and supportive team to work with
- Company provided meals throughout the week, Utah Gold Ski and SLC City Golf passes, Discounted Gym Memberships, generous Employee Discount Program, company sponsored Community Service opportunities, and much more!