The Clinical Educator is a field-based therapeutic position requiring significant clinical experience. The primary role of the Clinical Educator is to support the product training needs of HCPs. The Clinical Educator will provide case support including expert technique training to practicing clinicians within the pain and/or anesthesia therapeutic space, and product and disease state awareness to appropriate support staff.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Support the product training needs of practicing clinicians within the pain and/or anesthesia therapeutic space in response to unsolicited requests
- Provide OR case support, including surgical product guidance and support staff education.
- Facilitate development and implementation of individual institution needs/protocols, and appropriate collection of individual institution or HCP data.
- Serve as key clinical resource to institutional accounts and their respective healthcare stakeholders.
- Identify, collect, and communicate insights related to competitor medical information and physician practice trends.
- Support internal collaborative partners as needed
- Successfully complete required therapeutic training and demonstrate competency in communicating information in support of the pain and/or anesthesia area
- Document interactions and activities in appropriate databases, retaining and submitting required expenses and meeting defined qualitative and quantitative objectives.
- Successfully comply with all Pacira policies and procedures, principles and values, and applicable laws, regulations, and guidelines.
- Position requires extensive travel (up to 80%) as well as weekend work throughout the year.
The Clinical Educator may have contact with internal colleagues in compliance, regulatory, pharmacovigilance, marketing, sales, training, research and development, strategy and portfolio management, and HOVA. This internal collaboration is considered a fundamental and essential part of the position.
External collaboration includes trade associations, professional societies, payers, clinicians, policy-thought leaders.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors level degree in health or life sciences
- Minimum 3-5 years clinical experience
- Minimum 1 year of experience in perioperative, pain and/or anesthesia therapeutic area preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills with strong business skills/acumen
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects, set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills, including ability to present to groups of varying sizes.
- Proven track record of success in interacting with HCPs
- Demonstrated ability to quickly and comprehensively learn about new subject areas and environments and effectively communicate that information.
- Ability to travel swiftly and frequently (50-80% travel) with overnight stays. Close proximity to airport- preferred under 1 hour or 50 miles.
- Demonstrated ability to clearly communicate an understanding of both the pharmaceutical and healthcare industries; understanding of clinical trial design and working knowledge of GCP guidelines, particularly concerning Investigator Sponsored Research
Pacira is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants because of race, color, religion, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), national origin, age (40 or older), veteran status, disability or genetic information, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.