Location: Catholic Community Services of Utah, 224 North 2200 West SLC UT 84116
Status: Non-exemp, Full-time, with benefits
Salary: $15-15.50/hr DOE
Catholic Community Services of Utah provides help and creates hope for thousands of people of all beliefs who are most in need in our community through Migration and Refugee Services, Homeless Services and CCS of Northern Utah programs.
CCS offers an outstanding benefits package including group health insurance, dental, 401a and 403b retirement plans and a generous PTO/holiday schedule.
Assume primary responsibility for ensuring the service delivery system is responsive to all the needs of each refugee client during the service period. Provide case management services as outlined in the USCCB/MRS cooperative agreement, and according to Reception and Placement (R&P) and Match Grant regulations, state and federal regulations, and in compliance with policies and procedures of Catholic Community Services Migration and Refugee Services Program. Communicate with and utilize services of volunteers in order to best meet the needs of clients.
- Perform pre-arrival and core services as outlined in the USCCB Program Operation Manual
- Coordinates resettlement plan, treatment, service integration, and agency collaboration to meet the needs of the refugee.
- Develops arrangements to facilitate interagency cooperation and coordination and or plans for needed services.
- Provide interpretation and translation services as necessary.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
Work Environment inside/outside, office, warehouse, noise, temperature, etc.
- This position is in a professional office environment using standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
- Some local travel is required.
Physical Demands including bending, sitting, lifting and driving
- This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets, and bend or stand as necessary.
- This role includes driving locally to apartment complexes and meetings.
Skills, knowledge and abilities:
- Works independently in safe, appropriate manner. Demonstrates both problem solving and problem prevention skills.
- Displays sensitivity to the needs of clients, client's families, visitors, co-workers, volunteers, and other persons with whom the employee may interact.
- Proficiency in English oral and written communication.
- Proficiency in computer skills to maintain financial data, spreadsheets, database, scheduling, and e-mail in Outlook.
- Personal qualities of openness and respect for co-workers and clients, with compassion and graciousness in helping clients to assess and face their situations, and to accept assistance.
- Language proficiency in language common to current clients preferred (Kinyarwanda or Swahili).
Education, training and or experience:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or equivalent experience.
- 1+ years working as a case manager.
Background Screen/BCI requirement
- Must pass BCI/FBI background check.
Licenses, certifications and credentials
- Current Utah driver's license, proof of auto insurance with minimum policy liability limits of $50,000 per person and $100,000 per occurrence, 21 years of age or older, a clean driving record, and ability to meet CCS vehicle safety requirements.
Position status and expected schedule
- This is a full-time, 40 hours per week position.
- Monday through Friday 8:30 am to 5:00 pm, sometimes past 5:00 pm if you have a night arrival scheduled.
DISCLAIMER STATEMENT: This job description lists typical examples of work and is not intended to include every job duty and responsibility specific to a position. The employer reserves the right to change or assign other duties to this position. CCS is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply: Please go the company website: ccsutah.org and apply under the employment tab.
Position closes: Open until filled
Requisition #: 19.11.4