At Allied Universal® our Security Professionals assist clients, and the public at large, by providing essential jobs that keep our communities safe and secure. During this time, we need your help more than ever. We have immediate employment opportunities. Allied Universal also employs an interview process you can complete from the comfort of your home through our online application and video interviewing technology. We are North America's leading security services provider with over 200,000 phenomenal employees and invite you to apply to join the team.
Allied Universal is seeking the position of a Special Police Officer.
The position of a Special Police Officer is a Sworn Law Enforcement Position for private police contracting. A Special Police Officer has the education and skills that meet all state training requirements mandated by the North Carolina Justice Academy. Candidates who can meet these requirements and have the drive and passion to build a lasting career in law enforcement will find that this agency provides the tactical resources, skills, care, and partnerships necessary for personal and professional growth.
- Be at least 21 years of age with high school diploma or equivalent
- Must possess or have the ability to obtain a state driver's license, as well as be a US citizen for the state which you are applying
- Possess effective written and oral communication and interpersonal skills with ability to deal with all levels of personnel and the general public in a professional and effective manner
- Must be certified (sworn) as a police officer, have a BLET Certificate, or a state Law Enforcement Certification in order to be considered
- As a condition of employment, employee must successfully complete a background investigation and a drug screen in accordance with all federal, state, and local law
- Must submit to a SBI polygraph if you are still a probationary status.
- You must have an honorable discharge from the military (if applicable)
- Display exceptional customer service and communication skills
- Have intermediate computer skills to operate innovative, wireless technology at client specific sites
- Ability to handle crisis situations by using state authorized De-escalation tactics at the client's site.
- Perform all State and local general law enforcement duties; Including patrolling contracted property, conducting building and room searches, issue state citations, conduct investigations, respond to medical calls, preserve all evidence, and make arrest.
- Work with the other agencies and the client during the conducting of fire drills and evacuating buildings.
- Attend yearly required in-service Training, and maintain the required level of proficiency in the use of firearms
- Able to:
- Work in various environments such as cold weather, rain/snow or heat
- Occasionally lift or carry up to 40 pounds
- Climb stairs, ramps, or ladders occasionally during shift
- Stand or walk on various surfaces for long periods of time
- Occasionally assist in high risk protection and escorts
- Occasionally assist in medical escorts per specific contracts.
Allied Universal provides unparalleled service, systems and solutions to the people and business of our communities, and is North America's leading security services provider. With over 200,000 employees, Allied Universal delivers high-quality, tailored solutions, which allows clients to focus on their core business. For more information: www.AUS.com.
We proudly support the Veteran Jobs Mission, a group of over 200 companies that have committed to collectively hiring a total of one million military veterans. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Allied Universal Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.