SG CUSTOMER SERVICE
SG Companies mission is to make life better in the communities that we serve, one neighborhood at a time. Our customer service is an ingrained, Positive Approach to interaction that both anticipates needs as well as responds to them with the utmost Respect, Courtesy and Kindness. It is listening without judgement, acting with compassion, and going above and beyond what is expected in any situation. It is having the humility to put aside selfish concerns and focus solely on the on the needs of others. P.A.R.C.K. with SG!
ROLE: The Service Tech 2 position safeguards the interests of the owners by maintaining the physical condition of property and equipment according to company guidelines and standards, and protecting the property and equipment from damage, loss, and deterioration.
- High school diploma or GED
- CPO License a plus
- Must be team oriented
- Must have reliable transportation
- Knowledge of proper safety procedures
- Must have the availability to work a flexible schedule any day of the week
- Must be detailed oriented and have the ability to communicate effectively
- Must have previous experience in the hotel, commercial office and/or apartment industry preferred
- Must be willing and able to work out of doors for long periods of time in various types of weather
- Must be able to maintain and operate certain types of equipment such as leaf blowers, pressure washers, carpet/floor cleaning machines, certain hand tools, ladders, safety equipment, etc.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Must demonstrate and model SG Companies core values and customer service.
- Establishes and maintains good relations with residents, vendors, prospective residents, and co-workers.
- Maintains and cares for equipment as may be necessary for its continuous Completes emergency repairs as may be required to prevent damage or deterioration.
- Documents replacement of appliances, carpet, vinyl, water heaters, condensers, etc., in all units. Also tracks systems repairs, apartment painting (full paint or touch-up), refrigerator coil cleaning, and carbon monoxide checks, and other major
- Maintains an adequate inventory supply level while ensuring service shop is clean and
- Reports inventory of supplies needed to Service Supervisor.
- Assists Groundskeeper, Service Tech 1, and Tech 3 in the maintenance/cleanliness of the common areas.
- Notes building deficiencies or needs to Supervisor in
- Communicates to the Service Supervisor any safety or structural issues or unsatisfactory/incomplete work by contractors.
- Adheres to established policies related to fair housing.
- Adheres to established Service Standards.
- Communicates with co-workers, management, residents, vendors, and all outside contacts in a courteous and professional manner.
- Maintains confidentiality of co-workers, management, owners, past and current residents, vendors, and all outside contacts.
- Assists service staff in the completion of service requests when needed, including, but not limited to accompanying exterminators and other vendors commissioned to perform services in occupied apartments.
- Performs all reasonable duties as assigned by Service Supervisor, Property Manager, and Assistant Property Manager in the absence of the Property Manager, Assistant Property Manager, or the Regional Manager.
- Reports property hazards/deficiencies and recommend general property improvements to the Service Supervisor and/or the Property Manager, Asst. Property Manager, or the Regional Manager.
All service team members are either directly responsible for these standards or are required to support the service team in achieving these standards.
- Ensures that all interior and exterior areas of the property are litter free, clean and presentable.
- Priority One areas are to be inspected daily and tended to on a continual basis to ensure curb appeal.
- Check flowers for watering, weeding, and pinch dead blossoms a minimum of once daily.
- All sign lights, accent lights, and pole mounted lights in Priority One areas are to be operational every night.
- If applicable, exterior pools, spas, waterfalls and fountains are opened as early as weather allows and remain open as long as weather permits.
- Routine service requests are to be completed within 24 hours or within 72 hours when a part is on order or a Contractor is required to complete the request. Follow-up on 3-5 service requests weekly to measure resident satisfaction.
- Total weekly routine service request calls should not exceed 15% of the total units and no more that 10% with regards to outstanding service requests.
- Reports of any water infiltration or mold are treated with high priority and in cases where excessive water infiltration and mold is found; they are treated as an emergency.
- If a service request is open over 24 hours, document the reason and contact the resident.
- Each Service Tech will adhere to the preventative maintenance program by helping to perform an inspection on each apartment at least two (2) times per year and performing routine preventive maintenance of common areas per schedule.
- If applicable, all floating fountains will receive an annual maintenance checkup by the manufacturer or supplier.
- If applicable, all limited access gates will receive an annual maintenance checkup by a reputable service company.
- All team members are to follow energy conservation guidelines and return climate control thermostats to the appropriate setting (60 degrees Winter/85 degrees Summer) and where applicable, turn off wall units. Vacant unit refrigerators should be set to “1“ or manufacturer's recommended lowest settings.
Market Ready/Unit Turns (Assist Service Supervisor)
- Locks are to be changed within 24 hours of the apartment becoming vacant.
- Apartments are to be made market ready within 72 hours of the move-out when an apartment is pre-assigned and within5 days of the move-out for routine turns or 7 days of move-out for non-routine turns when the apartment is vacant not rented.
- Service Supervisors are responsible for approving the completed work of those preparing a market ready apartment, documenting the performance on the Make Ready/Unit Inspection form and signing the form.
- Property Managers are responsible for the final acceptance of a market ready apartment by placing a Welcome Card and gift, if applicable, in the apartment and signing the Make Ready/Unit Inspection form.
- The market ready goal is 100%. By the 7th of each month all prior month end move-outs are to be market ready and by the 20th of each month all the current month's mid-month move-outs are to be market ready.
- All vacant units are to be walked bi-weekly (every other week) and monitored for signs of damage, including, but not limited to, water infiltration or situations that will lead to mold growth.
- Only the President or Operational VPs are authorized to sign contracts.
- Each property is to display and complete their site-specific Cleaning Schedules.
Checklists, Binders and Logs
- Each property is to use the Key Sign In/Out log for residents, contractors, and team members.
- Seasonal Routines and Checklists are to be completed by stated deadlines.
- Maintenance Logs/Binders will be maintained following standard office set-up guidelines.
- Maintenance shops are to be locked when team members are not present.
- Lighting Inspections are to be completed 2 times per month and documented on the Community Lighting Inspection Form.
CUSTOMER SERVICE EXPECTATIONS FOR ALL TEAM MEMBERS:
- Always provide exceptional Customer Service
- Personal contact with residents is preferred and always greet residents by name and with a smile.
- Respond to all resident requests within 24 hours.
- Return all phone call messages and email messages the day they are received.
- Any property surveys that require action plans are to be developed and completed at each site annually. Standards Score Minimum 90%.
- Must be team oriented and treat fellow team members with respect.
- Maintains professional internal and external relationships that meet company core values.
- Communicates regularly and effectively with internal and external customers.
- Handles difficult situations with a cooperative attitude, poise and diplomacy.
- Sends out information in a timely manner and exercises good follow up skills.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is continually required to:
- Stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms.
- Frequently required to climb stairs, balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 lbs.
- Use common tools and equipment, portable power and hand tools, plumbing tools and flooring tools.