Requisition Number: TEMPL10219
General Position Summary:
Lead and actively participate in one or more phases of store production operations to ensure goals are met safely and efficiently. Responsible for monitoring select store production functions to conform to company policies. Ensure team operates both safely and environmentally compliant, while effectively and efficiently working within the guidelines of the administrative policies and procedures. Assist the Production Supervisor as needed.
- Partner with the Environmental Health and Safety Team to ensure store is adhering to all safety and environmental policies and procedures. Promotes a clean, safe, and environmentally compliant store for employees and customers.
- Responsible for store housekeeping.
- Responsible for the proper care and maintenance of all equipment, reporting equipment problems, and adherence to the preventative maintenance program.
- Work with all sales and production personnel to continually improve store results and execute company strategies.
- Participate in the hiring, training, and proper delegation of personnel and scheduling work hours.
- Monitor and evaluate job performance; train and develop production staff.
- Communicate and implement policies and procedures; leads by example for the rest of the team.
- Direct and participate, as needed, in customer care functions.
- Participate, as needed, in production duties.
- Monitor all aspects of production activities to ensure production goals are met.
- Partner with all internal corporate support resources to ensure compliance with all laws and regulations to achieve results.
- Spend at least 85% of time working with production team.
- All other duties as assigned.
Physical Activities Required to Perform Essential Functions:
- Standing, walking, bending, climbing, and stretching are required for extended periods during the day.
- Manual dexterity to handle tools and the ability to move 50 pounds.
- Vision must be sufficient to perform job functions safely.
- This position will assist in selection, training, development, appraisal and work assignments of non-exempt hourly employees.
- Exposure on a regular basis to outdoor weather conditions.
- Periodic exposure to minimal chemical hazards.
PLEASE NOTE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
All U.S. applicants must be 18 years of age or older and all Canada applicants must be 16 years of age or older.
Schnitzer Steel Industries, Inc. participates in e-verify for all U.S. new hires.
An offer of U.S. employment by Schnitzer Steel Industries, Inc. or any of its subsidiaries is contingent on the satisfactory completion of a post-offer drug screen and background check.
All new hires must review and sign an Arbitration Agreement. This applies to all U.S. non-union employees.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Schnitzer Steel Industries, Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, marital status, disability status, national origin or ancestry, veteran status, age, prior industrial injury, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other protected status under local, state or federal law.