Weld School Trainee - Salina, KS
Get paid to learn a trade and grow your career with Great Plains Manufacturing!
Join our new 9-Week Weld School and learn Production Welding at Great Plains! Weld School classes are held on-site at our Weld Shops in either Salina or Abilene. Training schedule is Monday-Thursday on 1st Shift from 6:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. In the mornings, you’ll learn weld foundation skills in the classroom. In the afternoons, you'll practice hands-on welding with individual coaching from an experienced Weld Instructor.
As a Weld Trainee, you’ll earn $17.00/hour. Upon graduation from our training program, your hourly rate increases $2.00/hour for a 1st Shift position or $4.00/hour for a 2nd Shift position (including a $2/hour shift differential). Most of our graduates will start their weld career on 2nd Shift.
The next Weld School will begin on Monday, January 9, 2023 in Salina, KS. Apply today!
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- Prior weld experience is helpful for this program, but not required.
- Ability to give strong attention to detail and stay on-task in a fast-paced environment
- Have a good understanding of team concepts and be a strong team player
- Ability to safely use hand and power tools; ability to read blueprints and tape measure
- Capable of embracing a culture of Lean Manufacturing and implementation of change
- Ability to follow all Great Plains and OSHA safety regulations and wear prescribed PPE as required
Full-Time Benefits Include:
- Competitive Pay Scale, including Bi-Monthly Pay Increases
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Generous Earned Time Off/Vacation Plan
- Health/Dental/Rx Insurance Plan
- Parental Leave Program
- 401K Plan with a 4.5% Company Match
- 2nd Shift Pay Premium
Pay: $17 / hr during training.
At Great Plains Manufacturing, our people make the difference, making our company a great place to work and grow. If you are self-motivated, have a passion to succeed and value teamwork, we invite you to apply to join our team. For over 45 years, Great Plains Manufacturing, Inc., has been known as a world-class manufacturer of farm and landscaping equipment in Central Kansas with over 2,100 dedicated employees. Now a Kubota company, Great Plains Manufacturing continues its dedication toward innovation and professional growth, while maintaining our family culture and community values. Grow with us! Visit our Careers page at www.WorkForGPM.com.