Purchasing Planner Buyer
Purchasing Planner/Buyer – Salina, KS
Great Plains Manufacturing Corporate Purchasing Department is searching for an individual to join our dynamic team as a Purchasing Planner. In the Purchasing Department, we take pride in our mission: To provide the right products, at the right price, at the right time to production. This is an Entry-Level Position in a cubical environment and reports directly to the Purchasing Planner Supervisor. We would fully train the selected individual to perform all job duties.
This role works in our Corporate offices in Salina, KS from 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday with a 1-hour lunch; and 7:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. on Fridays.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Administer, review, and manage purchase orders and delivery commitments with designated suppliers to support production requirements.
- Review, interpret, and communicate material demand forecasts with designated suppliers.
- Manage shortages, run root cause analysis and drive corrective actions to prevent delivery delays.
- Embrace continuous improvement techniques to drive toward attainment of key purchasing metrics.
- Leverages problem solving skills and develops counter-measures to implement long-term solutions to identified problems.
- Prepare reports in Excel on purchasing activities.
- Evaluate current practices and implement continuous improvement, be a driver in continuous improvement.
- Work within a team structure to achieve company and department goals.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Good knowledge of business methods, markets and purchasing practices.
- Ability to write clearly and concisely.
- Highly proficient in Excel.
- High level of creativity and resourcefulness.
- Identify problems in a timely manner. Gather and analyze information skillfully. Develop alternate solutions.
- Strong technical and mechanical aptitude.
Education and Certification:
- Bachelor’s degree is a plus.
- APICS/ISM professional certification is a plus.
At Great Plains Manufacturing, our people make the difference, making our Company a great place to work and grow. If you are self-motivated, have a passion to succeed and value teamwork, we invite you to apply to join our team. For over 45 years, Great Plains Manufacturing, Inc., has been known as a world-class manufacturer of farm and landscaping equipment in Central Kansas with over 2,100 dedicated employees. Now a Kubota company, Great Plains Manufacturing continues its, dedication toward innovation and professional growth, while maintaining our family culture and community values. Grow with us! Visit our Careers page at www.WorkForGPM.com.